Sunday Evening Chat: Eeny Meeny Miny....

Which phone will you buy

• Nexus 6

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • Droid Turbo

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Moto X (2014)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • iphone 6

• iPhone 6 plus

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Note 4

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Galaxy s5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HTC M8

• One +

• LG G3

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Nexus 5

• Wait for a new Windows phone

• Sony Z3v

• Total voters

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
The beauty for me is that unless I go shell out $900 for the Note 4 (the current price in the country I am in) when I get back stateside I will have a lot of phones to check out. A month and a half to go!

Is the Nexus coming to Tmo?

Droids are not an option since they are on Verizon, but I'm still going to go in and play with them.

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
I've been considering a phablet for awhile, I've wanted to get another Moto phone, I've wanted an OLED screen, I want a dev friendly device with minimal 3rd party software. It has to be compatible with Verizon, and I want sweet battery life. Lo and behold the Nexus 6, those are ALL checks in the plus column!

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
nexus 6 will be on all US carriers Vzw, sprint, ATT, Tmo, US Cellular

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Man. Wth. This year the OEMS are bringing it. I might have to say goodbye to the i6+.

Str8Aro

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
^^^^^

I bought a G3 - moved off Verizon to T-Mo. Verizon data speed in my area, has declined drastically. I am getting T-Mo 4G LTE at my house and work but Verizon was usually 3G. YMMV. Our family is saving a significant amount of money with the T-Mo family plan.

The LG G3 is a very nice phone for me. The feel in the hand, performance and the display are great. I haven't had much time with the camera, yet. The T-Mo version is bootloader unlocked out of the box should I need to root. No regrets.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only thing the Nexus 6 has going for it over the Motorola Droid Turbo is stock Android, otherwise the Motorola Droid Turbo is just a much nicer phone, better build materials, 21 MP camera, huge 3900mah battery, and it is a reasonable size, if you call 5.2" phones reasonable, but that is the trend nowadays, the Nexus and that huge 6" size is a deal breaker.
For me it is the Note 4, it has everything these other phones have plus more, including Micro SD card expansion and removable battery, and a proven track record in the phablet category of smartphones, my second choice would be the Motorola, if the Nexus 6 was a bit smaller than it would warrant my attention.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
5.2 is a good screen size. Sometimes I wish my Note and i6+ were smaller until I turn on the screen. Then I remember why I purchased them.

creaky

Reaction score
Down to nexus 6 and moto x play (at&t turbo variant) for me. 6 is too big but I have to see if I can deal with it. Also have to see if subsidized 6 will have an unlocked boot loader

supermandroid

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto X 2nd Gen
The Nexus is OLED?

Yes, it uses an AMOLED to be precise. Scroll about halfway down this link: Nexus 6 Google
Under Specs > Display > "5.96" 2560 x 1440 QHD AMOLED display (493 ppi)

Coming from a Samsung, I've been spoiled by the vibrant AMOLED colors, and I don't want to deviate.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
AMOLEDs have surpassed LCDs in energy efficiency and overall screen clarity, color gamut correctness, etc. I see a lot of reviews of Samsung phones with "journalists" harping on the color saturation saying that it is too much. If they ever visited the Settings app they would see that saturation is an option. Along with a slew of other screen color settings. With LCDs you typically get one screen setting...a brightness slider.