Sunday Evening Chat: Easter Edition

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Happy Easter to all and hopefully everyone has been able to spend some time with friends and family.

1) 4.4.3 Kit Kat
nexus5-vs-motox-5-580-100.jpg
We are expecting Google to release 4.4.3 kit kat in a matter of days. This update is mainly a maintenance release. Nexus devices will get the update first followed by Motorola X (if Motorola updates 4.4.3 as fast as they did 4.4.2) and then Google edition devices. So if you have a nexus, google edition device, or motorola X be on the look out.

20140223_170408_2-580-90.jpg
2) Samsung has released the s5 and a few reviews are reporting of software lag. I want to hear from those with a galaxy s5. Are you experiencing any lag?

3) ATT either lost their minds or trying to push out the old inventory.

CLN S4 $180 off contract (https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/d...16gb-white-frost-refurb.html#fbid=Jyk843AEQUv)
CLN Note 3 $250 off contract(Samsung Galaxy Note 3 - Jet Black (Certified Like-New) cell phone from AT&T)

4) What is the #1 important feature you must have in a phone and what feature are you able to do without ?

squeak

Reaction score
#4. The two most important features are reception and battery life. My Note 3 gets worse reception than my GNex did and I am beginning to hate this phone because of that. I care noting about fingerprint scanners and always listening features. They seem superfluous and a bit on the creepy side to me.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
#2 Software bugs in new phones are inevitible these days. I'm sure it'll be resolved. But to be honest, the last good S phone was the S3. IMO, the S4 was a joke.

#3 Wow, those are really good prices. The Note 3 is only 6 months old. I really think stuff like this is because of TMobile. AT&T (and Verizon) are willing to take hits on profit to keep their customers. Verizon didnt' lose much customer base but AT&T did last year.

#4 I loved my Note 3 but it had crappy reception. I have the HTC M8 now and its way better than my Note 3 ever was. After that is the screen. AMOLED screens are bright and vibrant but the M8's screen is gorgeous. IMO, very true color representation. After that is sound. I have become so freaking spoiled with the speakers on the M8. Why did it take so long to get front speakers on phones and why hasn't every OEM jumped on it? I have no issue with the excess space on the phone to incorporate the speakers, its that good.

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
#4. The two most important features are reception and battery life. My Note 3 gets worse reception than my GNex did and I am beginning to hate this phone because of that. I care noting about fingerprint scanners and always listening features. They seem superfluous and a bit on the creepy side to me.

Wow that's too bad on the Note3, and I agree battery life and reception are both hot topics. Coming from the GNex my S4 trumps/Stomps it in both areas, I'd hope the S5 trumps the S4 in both as well.
Happy Easter as well. HIR.