Sunday Evening Chat:Coming up on a New Year

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
tumblr_mymgr5ZiHs1s1g9mio1_500.gif

new_year_resolution.jpg

What are your New Years Resolutions and how did you do with last year's resolution?

When I had my Motorola Droid one of my most used apps was Pandora Radio. Pandora became my go to source for music but over the years I grew frustrated with the bugs (there were times I would experience stoppage in play for almost 15 mins to an hour). I remember one time in my frustrations with Pandora thinking "why can't Google come up with an alternative", and now we basically have a large choice of music streaming apps from Pandora, Slacker (which was available during the Motorola Droid says as well), Milk (aka Samsung Music), Google Play, and Spotify. So I have to ask which streaming service is your go to music source? Or (like me as of late) have you ditched music streaming services?

I want to revisit the new priority settings (the new silent mode) in Lollipop. Those running lollipop are familiar with the change with "silent mode" made by Google. This change was met with backlash from some of the community but I actually feel like this change is a good thing. At first I will admit I too fought the change but after playing with priority mode some more I actually feel like this is a change long overdue and here is why. How many times have you put your phone in silent mode only to miss a call, text, or notification because you forgot to turn it back on (this is where android watches actually help)?
With priority mode it is silent mode that has graduated where instead of just going into silent mode you now have the option to determine what interruptions are allowed (ie alarm clock), how long to remain silent, and a "downtime" that you can schedule for interruptions. I personally like the new way that silent mode is being handled and think it i was a change in the right direction. At first when you experience it the first thing you want to do is demand silent mode back but I suggest give it a little time and you may actually like it...or not. But that is the cool thing about android where if you do not like something more likely you can find the change via open development.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
While Pandora has been my go-to music app for years, Slacker has over taken it this year.
While I use both on a regular basis, I've been using Slacker much more. Google music occasionally.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Love me Pandora.. Especially my unlimited skips version... And I also like the priority mode in Lollipop.. Kinda reminds me of my profile days with custom ROMS.. As for resolutions.. Always make the most of every day.. Don't ever take anything for granted.. Live life to the fullest... And treat others as you would want them to treat you..

Tap'd by Big 6

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
T-Mobile has no data allotment usage for music streaming but I still couldn't get into it. I'm a dinosaur that just uses my phone(or tablet) as a music player. I've tried several but just didn't get into the whole concept. Pay a monthly fee to listen to music to my tastes? So last century.
Silent mode sounds a lot like blocking mode that I have now but I'm sure once my Note4 updates to LP I'll see the differences and come to appreciate them. I do like how I can be on silent mode now but priority stuff can override that, much like an app I used for years until JB stopped it from working and the developer abandoned it prior.
Resolutions? I make one every day when I wake up involving me being less me and more Him. Takes away the need to be concerned about results for the day, knowing it's all part of a much bigger picture than me.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
First, I have no "real" resolutions. I've never had luck keeping them, so I ditched them years ago.

Second, I'm all about Google Play. I got in on the introductory price for All Access and never looked back. I don't use it EVERY day, but when I do, it never disappoints. I've created a few "radio stations" based on songs I really like, but more often than not, I just tap the "I'm Feeling Lucky Radio" widget on my homescreen and see what happens. I don't always go with the first station that starts, but one or two more taps tend to get me to a playlist that suites my mood.

As for Priority Mode, I agree with Mark. Sounds similar to blocking mode from Samsung phones. I know it's a bit different from playing with it on my N7, but I'm wondering if Samsung will even include it in the Lollipop builds for their phones or just combine it with blocking mode.