Summer ROM testing

Discussion in 'GET~R~DONE' started by riguy156, Jun 18, 2011.

1. bikedude880

bikedude880 New Member

Did my own research: Yeah, the chipset supports it, too bad the rest of the board doesn't. BIOS update from Sony anyone? lol
  2. aceoyame

aceoyame Developer Developer

I dont think you'll need a bios update. It states it supports up to a 1066 mhz fsb which if I recall was launched with the core 2's. I know the Pentium D extreme edition has it but the 945 series wasn't designed for those.

edit: YEP! it will! Just not very many but that's what we need is the support! I will grab one now and see what I can do.

http://ark.intel.com/chipset.aspx?familyID=8764
  3. bikedude880

bikedude880 New Member

It's not the chipset that's the problem, it's the lack of support for the CPU on the mobo. Trust me, I've had this system for near 7
    6 years and tried.

It's like my ASUS P5LD2-VM mobo, only rev 2 supports conroe, I have rev 1.

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.
  4. aceoyame

What cpu did you try? A 45 nm core 2 definately will not work in there. Only a handful of cpu's will work in that board.
  5. aceoyame

Well worst case, I just hand you that 3.4 ghz Pentium D and see if I can perhaps BSEL and VID mod it to an even higher speed. I know you can with the core 2's at least. I would imagine these arent much different since they're the same socket and package.

Don't forget though I am totally open to letting you compile on my desktop/server.
  6. bikedude880

bikedude880 New Member

If it comes to anything, I'll put it in my gaming rig... it's a Pentium D 935 @ 3.42Ghz (stock 3.0) w/2GB PC2-800 RAM

Sent from my White DROID 2 GLOBAL.
  7. aceoyame

Not much better than your compiling rig lol, anyways. The one I have is a 940 rather than a 935. It wouldn't be much better. But besides that, my server is a E5800 (Wolfdale based) @ 4.24 ghz with 4 gb of ram. It is about as good as 8 3 ghz P4's compiling lol. Anyways if you want fast compiling that is the best way for sure. But I don't mind sending out the parts from here if you need a mild boost. I think with my desktop you could get your compile time down to 45 minutes to an hour, maybe less.

Definately no more than an hour. I don't use my desktop much, it just sits around. I use it mostly as my media center/playon server. So it is wide open availability for computation time.

The way I have it imagined is that I can set up an account with special permissions for you, you can remote in using whatever software you want and then remotely run Visual c++ or w/e your favorite compiler is. I can even set up a linux or mac partition if needed.