Suggestions?

OP
F

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
$170 still not bad especially since it'll still be free to me after dumping the S2

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
That's true.

I've been watching reviews on the Gear S. Are you going to get a screen protector? Samsung says it is best not to because it will screw up the sensors. Also you plan to stick with the Tinzen system? Heard battery life for this is like a Day... :-/ but it's nice. I'm going to get the stand alone service on it.

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
That's true.

I've been watching reviews on the Gear S. Are you going to get a screen protector? Samsung says it is best not to because it will screw up the sensors. Also you plan to stick with the Tinzen system? Heard battery life for this is like a Day... :-/ but it's nice. I'm going to get the stand alone service on it.
My dad has had his Gear S since day one and his screen doesn't have a single scratch. I've been using a gear fit for the past year and the screen doesn't have single scratch either. So nope, no screen protector for me

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
How do you like it? Have you used it around any water? Is the screen easy to scratch?

Oh and I pre-ordered the S7 edge
I use my watch for pda type stuff more than my phone. It's an indispensable tool for me now. I don't use it often for notifications and calls, more anymore but it's nice to leave my phone at home and not even think twice if I'm expecting a call, text or email.
I had a screen protector on mine to make the screen less sensitive. It was beat all to snot within weeks. When I took it of the watch looked brand new and it's been naked and scratch free for about 7 months.
Yes I've used it often when kayaking and fishing. I've even forgotten to take it off when cleaning the fish tank, it's gotten heavily dunked a few times with no ill effects.

That's true.

My battery life is between 3 and 4 days unless I use the built in music player , Wi-Fi or standalone GPS. The music player and Wi-Fi both kill it in hours, the music player being the worst, whereas the GPS for mapping my routes makes the battery die after about a day if I do an all day excursion.
Tizen drawback is the limited app availability but I've got some really good ones I've come to depend on daily that are right up my alley, again my watch being my main pda during the day and not so much a phone butler.
I've also got a Gear Fit that the outer chrome is scratched in a few spots but the screen looks brand new even though it's over a year and a half old.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
I'm hoping there's no compatibility issues with the Gear S and S7 or note 6

It would be a bummer to sell the S2 and find out the Gear S wasn't compatible

Last edited:

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping there's no compatibility issues with the Gear S and S7 or note 6

It would be a bummer to sell the S2 and find out the Gear S wasn't compatible

With the ogS any time there has been a compatibility issue with a newer model phone Samsung has been quick to update the Gear Manager app and eliminate the bugs. It's about the only updates I've ever seen Samsung be quick at since the fatal flaw in the ogTab with Honeycomb. It was a Wi-Fi only tablet that updating your os broke the Wi-Fi and it got released across Europe before they caught it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
With the ogS any time there has been a compatibility issue with a newer model phone Samsung has been quick to update the Gear Manager app and eliminate the bugs. It's about the only updates I've ever seen Samsung be quick at since the fatal flaw in the ogTab with Honeycomb. It was a Wi-Fi only tablet that updating your os broke the Wi-Fi and it got released across Europe before they caught it.

Support Our Troops!!!
Beast Mode 4
<><
True...... I forgot about the time when there was a bug with the Gear fit and my note 3. Samsung fixed it, took a few weeks but it was fixed...

KeepInitReel

Reaction score
OP
F

Firefighter912

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Buying
Dude, how's the watch? I was going to order one today from the link you gave me but the negative feedback regarding other items from the seller scared me off. Thought I'd hear what your experience is from this seller before I buy

It works perfect.