Suggestions

CyberZeroX

Reaction score
Hello. I got the Droid about two weeks ago. Can I get some idea for base aps I NEED to have. I have picked up a few (No games) But would love some suggestions.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. I strongly recommend Screebl. Now you may not get a lot of response on this as many new people ask this question, so you may want to search through this thread for top apps. I'd give you a link but I'm on my Droid. Enjoy your Droid.

OP
C

CyberZeroX

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. I strongly recommend Screebl. Now you may not get a lot of response on this as many new people ask this question, so you may want to search through this thread for top apps. I'd give you a link but I'm on my Droid. Enjoy your Droid.

Thanks for the suggestion. Anyone else got any?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
No one can say what you will need or like. I laugh when people post their "must have" apps because I find most of them totally useless. Here is a good list of apps to look through and try. Most of them are free and even the pay ones can be returned within 24 hours if you do not like them.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/228-new2us-posting-applications.html

P.S. I do agree with hookbill. If I could have only one app it would certainly be screebl.

OP
C

CyberZeroX

Reaction score
No one can say what you will need or like. I laugh when people post their "must have" apps because I find most of them totally useless. Here is a good list of apps to look through and try. Most of them are free and even the pay ones can be returned within 24 hours if you do not like them.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/228-new2us-posting-applications.html

P.S. I do agree with hookbill. If I could have only one app it would certainly be screebl.

Thanks Ill check that out. But anyone have ones that they think are MUST HAVES?

qwiksilver711

Reaction score
must have for me is Handcent sms, its free, and it replaces the stock texting app with something a lot better. I also could not go without beautiful widgets (paid) costs like 1.26 or something, but way worth it. I also love swype, not on the market, you gotta find the link for it in the forums here. also Sweeter home 2, but that is because i'm all about as much customization as possible, and sweeter home 2 lets you replace the stock home with a blank screen and go from there. that is in beta testing right now and can be found at sweeterhome.com, if you decide to give that one a shot, pm me and i can help walk you through figuring it out, huge learning curve, but it is so worth it.

OP
C

CyberZeroX

Reaction score
must have for me is Handcent sms, its free, and it replaces the stock texting app with something a lot better. I also could not go without beautiful widgets (paid) costs like 1.26 or something, but way worth it. I also love swype, not on the market, you gotta find the link for it in the forums here. also Sweeter home 2, but that is because i'm all about as much customization as possible, and sweeter home 2 lets you replace the stock home with a blank screen and go from there. that is in beta testing right now and can be found at sweeterhome.com, if you decide to give that one a shot, pm me and i can help walk you through figuring it out, huge learning curve, but it is so worth it.

I have beautiful . Any others?

Last edited:
OP
C

CyberZeroX

Reaction score
I am still looking for aps. Any fun games? Like maybe something RPG style?

Is the Settlers game good?

Is there a free SMS app? So I can send texts fore free

Last edited:

Mojo

Reaction score
It would be better if you would tell us some of the things you want your phone to do. So we can make recommendations based on your wants and needs

OP
C

CyberZeroX

Reaction score
It would be better if you would tell us some of the things you want your phone to do. So we can make recommendations based on your wants and needs

Ahhh of course.

For now the phone is to keep me occupied wile in a boring class. However starting soon I will be taking multiple computer classes and might need it for notes. Quick grabbing of info.

And any nice little apps people really like would be nice to know about

I would love a feed of current video gaming news if anyone knows one.

Last edited:

Technoman

Reaction score
I am still looking for aps. Any fun games? Like maybe something RPG style?

Is the Settlers game good?

Is there a free SMS app? So I can send texts fore free

Your must have APP's are not going to he the same as mine. Go to the Market and look at what you want... go for TOP ratings and start from there.

You can also view the APPS Market at the following web sites:

AndroLib, Find all applications and games available in the Android Market for your Android Phone, HTC Dream, HTC Magic etc...

Find great Android apps and games - AppBrain - This one has a companion APP that goes on the Droid. You can actually select APP's on the PC to install, and then install them on the Droid from the companion APP.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Can I get some idea for base aps I NEED to have.
It all really depends on what you're looking to do. Need is very subjective.

Rather than taking a shotgun approach and getting recommendations all over the board with the majority of them not being relevant to you why don't you give us an idea of what you're looking to do? If you really want a bunch of app suggestions then just read the posts in this forum.

There are also several "top app" threads you should refer to. Why reinvent the wheel?