Suggestions for phones that get wet?!?!?

lefty78

Reaction score
My wife just dropped her Samsung Fascinate in her cup of iced tea. It was only in there for a couple seconds before she was able to grab it. She tried turning it off but it would not and she said the screen looked like it got screwed up so she took the battery out. We took the back case off of it and dried it to the best of our ability. I also read online just now to put it in a bag of rice to sit for several hours so that is where we have it now.

After tonight we'll try booting it up tomorrow, but if it does not power on, any other suggestions??
I looked at the price and there's no way I'm dropping $450 to replace a phone thats only 6 months old.

Jbtech

Reaction score
I don't know about the method in that link(never tried it). But I would not turn on the phone for several days.

I know people that have left the phone off for several days and everything turned out okay. Got to make sure everything is good and dry.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good thing you have insurance so you can file an insurance claim on that $600 phone.

Hymizzle

Reaction score
Tape it to your car antenna and go for a drive.....okay I'm joking!

Well when I had a Blackberry Storm I had ran it through the washer. I let it dry most of the day and also used a hair dryer to dry it out faster. Turned it back on and no problems. Its something to consider but could be different for a Fascinate.

ziggy484

Reaction score
Put it in the microwave for like 6 minutes on the popcorn setting... i did it with mine after i dropped it in the toilet. Its a little crispy on the edges and smells weird, but i can still get on the forums

Sent from a Superclean Voodoo Fascinate

AllForNaught

Reaction score
If by 'cup of iced tea' you mean 'toilet', you may want to sterilize it as well... Mine fell in the toilet once. ONCE!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

fishmstr

Reaction score
Forget the rice, save those little packages that keep medicine and other items dry (dissectant) and put it in a plastic baggy with those for a couple of days. If you don't have any and need it ASAP you can go to a sporting goods store or Walmart and get some StaDry. It is designed to keep RV's dry and also for gun safes. It's one and only job is to absorb moisture.

Robdiesel

Reaction score
Now thats insane.. Lol
There is no way I nuke my phone.. keep trying to dry is out.. even put it out in the sun. It should come back on.. good luck

Sent from my DROIDX

Last edited: