Suggestion for next version

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Fault, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Fault

Fault New Member

Hey chevy,
    I had an idea for the next version, I know probably not 4.4, but maybe .5
    The bar that says either simply stunning/verizon wireless, could we customize this? Either our own custom text, or possibly even an image? I think this would be so cool, but not sure if its possible. What do u think?

Sent from my 'Simply Stunning' Droid using Tapatalk
  2. ebruot

ebruot New Member

Try Pulldown Editor from the market. It doesn't work on all Froyo roms, but i think it did on ss4.3, i can't remember for sure. You might also need metamorph. Pulldown editor can make an update.zip file or metamorph theme. Some roms will work with the update.zip and some work with metamorph. (at least in my experiences)
  3. DF Smod

DF Smod New Member

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  4. mph122074

mph122074 New Member

5. NattyBee

NattyBee New Member

I leave mine with Simply Stunning, because I have no apps that depend on it saying Verizon Wireless, and also because I like the fact that it's titled, the first time I tried Simply Stunning, I noticed that and I think it's pretty awesome... dancedroid
    (yeah, yeah, I'm a dork, go ahead and say it ;))
  6. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

I've got a suggestion for a new feature. Ability to pull the notification bar down while the device is still locked once you wake up the screen. Makes life much easier when streaming say Pandora in the car so you don't have to unlock the device everytime you want to change songs. Makes life simple also if you get a txt, IM, email....etc where you can get at it quickly without having to unlock it. IMO there is no reason we shouldn't be able to pull it down like some apps allow, but IMO it would be nice if it were just part of the ROM instead of having to use an app like Lock 2.0 to get the feature. Personally Google should make this feature a standard of Android if you ask me but, who am I.
  7. NattyBee

NattyBee New Member

But then it's not truly locked...if something like this were applied, it should be an option...I personally like it that it's all locked until I unlock it...otheewise I end up doing things accidentally... :)
  8. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Good call as even having it as an option would be fine also. I do concur to an extent with your comment, but the reality is it is still locked. reason being IMO is it is next to impossible to do something accidentally unless you pull the bar down. And the odds of you accidentally waking the screen up and having the bar pull down are slim to none for 2 reasons. One you have to manually wake the screen up first off, and secondly to have anything change or happen you have to pull the bar down which will not happen on accident. And even then the only thing accessible is what would be on your pull down which is not a whole lot to begin with. And once you put the phone back into sleep mode there is nothing that could happen on accident.
  9. NattyBee

NattyBee New Member

Good point. But I still feel better having everything locked until I unlock it... :)
  10. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

Lol...... I hear ya. Couple of friends of mine and my son feel the same way as you. For myself I'm more for ease of use which this feature could do greatly IMO. Still agree tho if it is possible to even do making it an option would be awesome instead of making it a standard as some people would not like is standard. Excellent call on that thought.
  11. B-Unit

B-Unit Member

+1 for Aixelsyd, I try to do this at least twice a day. It should be there.