SUGGESTION: Car Mode needs a music choice

TheCleaner

Reaction score
I can't be the only one that listens to music through my Droid while in the car. I use the 3mm jack into an AUX jack on my car stereo, but I'm sure others use bluetooth as well.

There needs to be a music choice in Car Mode.

Nuff said.

tktouch12

Reaction score
just out of curiousity does it crackle if your phone is on top volume?
and yes, that would seem like a common use for a phone in a car, it should be fixed

OP
TheCleaner

TheCleaner

Reaction score
just out of curiousity does it crackle if your phone is on top volume?
and yes, that would seem like a common use for a phone in a car, it should be fixed

yes, it does (crackle).

WetChicken

Reaction score
That's common for any amplifier to distort at 100% output.

Since this thread is a top result on google, has anyone found a solution for adding to car mode?

vegainey

Reaction score
I must be a lucky one, because I also use the headphone jack to hook into the aux port on my Mustang's Shaker 500 system, and I run the Droid 1 at full volume with no distortion or crackling. Sounds as good as Satellite.

I am rooted and switch between various ROMS (MIUI, UD, CM). Most allow you to add custom Widgets to your Car Home. I typically run Pandora.

I did have to go into Pandora preferences and change Cell Network Sound Quality to High. On Normal, some upper treble sounds would distort to just a shrill squeak.

I also use DoubleTwist for Synced music. No complaints.

My sound quality earns two dancing bananas
:icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

There is a Car Home replacement in the Market that allows you to put almost any widget or shortcut on large buttons. I played with if for while, but ultimately switched back to the default car home app (with rooted roms) that allows custom widgets .

Tepes

Reaction score
I guess, I am confused by what folks are asking for. The last update to Car Mode a few months back allowed you to replace shortcuts. You simply long press the Car Mode icon you would like to replace and replace it. There is also up to three screens in Car Mode to put icons on. On my main screen I have shortcuts to both the native music app and Pandora.

turdbogls

Reaction score
I guess, I am confused by what folks are asking for. The last update to Car Mode a few months back allowed you to replace shortcuts. You simply long press the Car Mode icon you would like to replace and replace it. There is also up to three screens in Car Mode to put icons on. On my main screen I have shortcuts to both the native music app and Pandora.

same here.

But IIRC, you have to be rooted, get rid of the original car dock app, and download the new one from the market to get it to work. the new car dock is awesome.