suggest to pete concerning bb v0.5

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by thinkmega, Sep 27, 2010.

1. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First, thank you for making efforts to put together this package with a variety of twists for the purpose of performance improvement.

Following are a list of my comments:

1. Can the level of auto brightness be adjusted? I know there are fixes out there but it would be nice if a GUI is given to bypass the pull and push.

2. What was the snapshot taken? I see the file datetime stamp inside of the app directory (of the zip file) is 8/19/2010. Was the FRG22D released when the snapshot was taken? I do not know. I hope yours are the same as what's in FRG22D.

3. This one is more obvious: the market download did not work out of the box for me. I had to do Menu->Application->All->Market to clear the cache. I'd like to think it might have something to do with the codebase ... I could be wrong. People might expect to see their own apps to be seen when the package is installed. In my case, I didn't see any until I wiped the cache. This shouldn't have happened. (As it didn't happen in the recent distribution from other sources.).

Again, thanks for the time you've spent to make this happen. It is highly anticipated. When the issues are clear, I think it will increase its user base substantially. Certainly you will get more spam msgs like this from others too.

Thanks Pete.

2. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot one thing: Please double check the Market App search fix. I've tried to look for TTS extended, no, I can't find it. (I have no problem in other FRG22D builds.).

I think it would be helpful to go over the fix algorithm so all the apps can be located as long as they are compliant to 2.2 requirements.

Thanks.

3. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    1) You can use Xeudoxus' tool or my file in ROM Manager

2) What?

3) Clear market data and the apps will appear.

4. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is the screen snapshot of /system/app of your build:

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6...ZTFmMDBmOWVkZDM4&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

And this is from a different FRG22D distribution:
    https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6...ZjM2MjQ3Nzk0NjYy&sort=name&layout=list&num=50

Most of the apps in your package are dated as 8/19/2010 while the 2nd one are 8/28/2010. If I remember correctly, FRG22D was released in the form of OTA around 8/24? That is why I question when the snapshot was taken.

#4 thinkmega, Sep 27, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  5. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    TTS is not found, after performing this step. Please confirm.

6. peteralfonso

peteralfonso Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    My system clock on my pc is off, I just recently fixed it, hence the reason for the incorrect date.

I do not see TTS, did it show with stock frg22d?

7. thinkmega

thinkmega Member

Ratings:
    +0
    TTS was required for text to voice, I think. When I installed a different FRG22D build a few weeks ago, I was able to locate and install it from the market. After having problem in bb v0.5, I restored the backup from that FRG22D build, followed by wiping the cache and reset everything. Then I can't locate the app from the market.

So it can be the changes of the app put in the last few weeks caused this.

The only thing I haven't done is to use the original FRG22D package and rebuild the entire environment.

I can understand the difficulties of balancing well in both development and testing. Thank you for putting these together.