Suggest a rom!

Discussion in 'Droid Charge Development' started by Talty09, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Talty09

Talty09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Also, I just noticed that the EP1W build has not only the rom, but they have the modems. I didn't know anything about modems since I did not need to install these on the Droid1. Help?

2. Halo

Halo Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. Talty09

Talty09 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright. I installed the 2.3.4 rom with a guide. I have one final question. I successfully installed the ROM via odin and it rebooted and worked the first time. Now I want to install the scripts. First off I cannot find a busybox 1.18.2 version that everyone says i need. the newest version in the app market is 1.19 or something greater (some said issues with this). Also, I did not install CWM as the guide i found said i may not need it? Can I install CWM with odin after I just finished installing this ROM? Or should I not do this? A little confusion here. I could use a push in the right direction.

4. Halo

Halo Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not familiar with 2.3.4, but you should be able to power down the phone, go into download mode and flash CWM w/ Odin. I suggest doing some reading/research on this first.

If I remember correctly, there are 2 busy box apps in the market. One of them allows you to install a variety of different versions.

5. bweN diorD

bweN diorD Senior Member

Ratings:
    +74
    Current Phone Model:
    G2
    the modems are in the main file already, they are posted seperate so they can be flashed over other builds if you wish.

6. electro_fryed

electro_fryed New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    love the Gummy 2 so far

I am a complete newbie. I came from a crackberry torch 2 wks ago. had major signal issues with the charge. So far, Gummy has solved most of them. Although, i did check the navigation/pandora reset issue. It worked ok for me. could be due to an unloaded phone though. Dont have much more than D2go and birds that hate pigs. lol

7. mjt111

mjt111 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm running Humble 1.6 haven't tried any other than Humble but I would recommend it. It's fast, stable, and gets great battery life.

8. droid_freak

droid_freak Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running GC GBE 2.1.5RC and it runs especially smooth and even though quadrant doesn't really mean anything its getting 2350. Once the final release is out it will have the toolbox and TSM. Kejar31 always does a fantastic job with his team of dev's.

9. mdcowby

mdcowby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    DarkchargeTQ

I feel this is the best one out there today, battery usage is just amazing.

[ROM] DarkCharge TQ

10. Import roller

Import roller Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I read through this and there is some good info. My gf just had me root her charge for her, and was curious about other roms. Which would everyone suggest for better battery life, and less freezing. I'm use to my bionic where I can just go to the ROM toolbox for easy installs but the charge (from what I've read) isn't really compatible with it.

11. JBrewer

JBrewer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey roller. This thread is pretty old and isn't really relevant at this point.

The latest build for the charge is FP1; there's only two FP1 custom roms. Tweaked 2.x and eclipse 2.x. they're both solid roms. Tweaked is more feature rich while eclipse is more performance oriented (namely from the use of aosp apps). But realistically you're not going to notice a huge difference between the two. Could try them both and decide what works best for her.

You are correct rom manager doesn't play well with this phone. Roms are flashed in cwm recovery.

Look here for tweaked and eclipse: http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/droid-charge-roms/

We also have a custom kernel if she's interested. Imnuts pb&j. Stock fp1 kernel is actually decent but pbj allows you to overclock, supports voodoo sound, supports custom boot animation, supports ext4, as well as some tweaks. http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=27703

Btw, chareforums.com is a sister site of this one. Any questions there will get you some more traffic than here. We're friendly and always willing to help :)

Sent from my SCH-I510

12. Import roller

Import roller Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Thanks, I'll check out the other forum for the rest of the info

Search tags for this page

tweaked rom droid charge