SugarSync 2.1

kevin1016

Reaction score
Haven't seen this posted yet. The SugarSync app updated to 2.1 last month. Included is the ability to stream music and videos stored on your PC and synced. Pretty sweet!

M1dnite

Reaction score
After using the software for about an hour, I still think Dropbox webpage works better. Although the lay out is nice, I still had a few FC's using it. There is not enough here to make me switch my service from dropbox to Sugarsync. If your looking for a good solution a sugar sync will be good for you, but if you have dropbox or anything else that works then there will be no point in switching.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
After using the software for about an hour, I still think Dropbox webpage works better. Although the lay out is nice, I still had a few FC's using it. There is not enough here to make me switch my service from dropbox to Sugarsync. If your looking for a good solution a sugar sync will be good for you, but if you have dropbox or anything else that works then there will be no point in switching.
Does Drop Box have an Android app?

M1dnite

Reaction score

No, but like I said...

I have drop box now, I go into the page on my Dolphin browser. Works well, and fast.

I do not see anything that is significant enough to make me switch.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score

No, but like I said...

I have drop box now, I go into the page on my Dolphin browser. Works well, and fast.

I've never used Drop Box. I've heard it works great. However, the ability to sync any folder/file on my computer without having to put it in a designated "sync" folder sold me.

M1dnite

Reaction score

No, but like I said...

I've never used Drop Box. I've heard it works great. However, the ability to sync any folder/file on my computer without having to put it in a designated "sync" folder sold me.

That is pretty nice. It is cool, I just download music and it ends up on my phone. I'll give you that much credit.. I just have 5 gb with dropbox.... Kinda hard to pull me away from that!

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
No, but like I said...

That is pretty nice. It is cool, I just download music and it ends up on my phone. I'll give you that much credit.. I just have 5 gb with dropbox.... Kinda hard to pull me away from that!
A 5gig, free account is certainly nice. I pay $4.99/month for 30 gigs. But I use it mostly for business purposes.

Private-Cowboy

Reaction score
I switched from Dropbox to SugarSync lately. And not for the android app alone (that works nicely on my Milestone) but for the incredible flexibility on you PCs too. With Dropbox everything has to be in the Dropbox-folder, with SugarSync you can define which folder on which machine are to be backup up and which sync where. Incredibly powerful once you get used to it.

Dropbox is a simple fire & forget solution but the flexibility of SugarSync alone was worth switching for for me alone. And then there is the android app. And I never has a FC here with it. I generally have very few FCs with any app surprisingly.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, folks. From what I can tell, SugarSynch solves several problems at once for me. The access to music on multiple home computers is a real plus. But even more important is the set it/forget it backup of the photo files on my wife's computer. Add to all that my need to back up business files that are typically stored on one of my home computers.

Of course, all of these needs can be met with various individual solutions, but it appears at first glance that SugarSynch can handle all the needs. And at my advanced age, it's always better to have a single solution so I don't have to remember what was used for what.