Suddenly no sounds from speaker on calls

Tradd

Reaction score
I've had my DX for 3-4 weeks. I made some calls midday today and the phone sat in my bag for the rest of the afternoon. I pulled it out this evening to make some calls, and suddenly, I have NO sound from the speakers that are call-related: no ring tone, no sounds from the other end, either a person/voice mail answering. I *do* have keypad sounds when dialing.

This is very odd.

I've looked at all my settings. I don't think I hit something by accident to silence the speaker. I still get other sounds out of the speakers, such as music or notification sounds.

I don't use bluetooth. Even when I plugged in my Apple iPhone earbuds with the inline mic I don't get any sounds after dialing.

Help!

Thanks!

the5barrons

Reaction score
A couple people had this, including me. Called house number from the dx, rang, picked it up, couldn't hear one thing. Did a battery pull reset, fixed it....hasn't happened again....been a few weeks now. Try a battery pull.

pob

Reaction score
I've had this issue pretty much daily for the last week or so. SUCKS. A power cycle fixes it temporarily, but it always comes back eventually, at the least convenient times.

Anyone else with this issue using Google Voice widget? Its the only thing I can think of that I installed that could affect call performance.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I installed Google voice and it did not work right on my Inc and caused other residual problems that had nothing to do with calls
Once I uninstalled the phone worked normally again

wified from my monolith using a slider keypad

Merrix

Reaction score
Im also having this issue. All my notification sounds work and my music but nothing when i get a call. Just vibrates