Suddenly my battery life is terrible...?

yaterml

Reaction score
I pulled it off the charger at 630am this morning. @100% now it's 658 am and it's at 78%

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

yaterml

Reaction score
There are several apps that allow us to take screenshots mine let's me shake to shoot

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks for tip on shaking! Mine does that and I did not realize it.

yaterml

Reaction score
Your welcome

PriestSyrinx

Reaction score
Left out of the charger overnight... 5:08AM, battery 10%, Android OS 31%, com.motorola.service.main (?!) 19%, display 13%.

Is there an easy way to snatch a screenshot off the phone? A while back someone said to use the SDK, which looks like a long, long trail a-winding that I'm not quite ready to go down.

I use Screen Grabber (link below). Easy and no root required.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindphaze.screengrab&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImNvbS5taW5kcGhhemUuc2NyZWVuZ3JhYiJd

quizzard

Reaction score
same exact thing happened to me as of last week. the only thing i can think of is the Google Market upgrade to Google Play. Maybe that's running / polling more frequently and causing the battery to drain more quickly? I also find that my phone is constantly warm (not hot), even when not in use.

Battery life now only about 7-8hrs with light usage (no 4G, wifi when available, no gps). I used to be able to get at least 16 hrs under similar conditions before.

i wound up uninstalling most of my apps and only kept the very essential ones, but this did not help the issue.

I think you're on to something here. My extended battery was good for 12-13 hours before I updated to Google Play, now down to 8ish. My wife's D4 has also been having terrible battery Life. It used to last 9-10 hours and now it's down to 4-5. I'm going to freeze google play and see what happens.

killer_bee

Reaction score
I also have the extended battery and my battery life has gone down the drain. What is going on?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also have the extended battery and my battery life has gone down the drain. What is going on?

How long does it run? I suggest installing Watchdog Lite in order to see if there are any runaway apps.