SUDDENLY -- It WON'T turn on!

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by CathieBeck, Mar 9, 2010.

1. CathieBeck

CathieBeck New Member

Suddenly -- this morning -- my Droid WON'T turn on!

I've plugged it in, taken the battery out, waited awhile ...

It's "stuck" with the big "M" (for Motorola) logo light up --

but you can see it 'trying' to do the light flickering image it does before the face pops open to use it!

Just the light up "M"!!

HELP!!

I've had this 3 months -- sent in all my "rebate" info 2.5 months ago -- NEVER got my rebate!

I've about had it with the Droid.

Mucho regret here!

Cathie Beck
  2. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Cathie, take it to a corporate store today, or if one isn't available call *611 and speak to a CS Rep. It sounds like a possible manufacturers warranty issue, which is covered.

Is your phone rooted or stock still?
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

If there is a problem with the rebate, Verizon will work with you to resolve it. They did for me, gave me 100.00 credit. If you don't speak up nothing will happen.

In the meantime as Vulcan points out you do have a 1 year warranty. If you're having issues with the way your Droid is functioning besides that let us know and we will try to help you.
  4. CathieBeck

CathieBeck New Member

Uh ... HOW am I suppose to call "611" -- or any OTHER number?

It's 4 days past the 90-day since purchase date.

Something tells me I'm hosed.

Of COURSE -- in the middle of a busy work day -- I've NO CHOICE but to take it to a store.

In the meantime, a critical business phone conference -- NO CAN DO.

And the 20-something at the store will likely have little to offer on why I never got the rebate.

REALLY. This just ain't right.

I'm full of regret here. Way full of regret.

It's way too much money -- and too much "glitch fixing" -- for such an alleged "high-end" product.

Cathie Beck
  5. ralphtrent

ralphtrent New Member

they should be able to send you a "efurb'd aka "like-new" phone at worse.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Your warranty is 1 year, not 90 days. You can reach Verizon at (800) 922-0204. Discuss the rebate with customer service at that number. They will be able to help you better. Call from a working phone.

I think it's just because you don't know the ropes on how to handle some situations like this that's stressing you out. That's why we are here, to help so if you have any other questions let us know.
  7. LtKen

LtKen New Member

It sucks that it doesnt work, and it sucks that your schedule doesnt permit you do help yourself right now, but things break, especially complicated things. It's just the nature of the beast.

They'll get it straitened out for you. The warranty on the phone is 1 year, not 90 days, and you're not hosed until they tell you you are (unless you want to be).

As far as the rebate, did you read the paperwork where it shows you how to check the status online? If I recall, it specifically gives you a window in which you should receive your rebate, and if you don't, you should contact VZW.

Take a deep breath, and when you have 30 minutes, get on the bell with VZW and they'll likely overnight you a new phone.
  8. Vulcan1600

Vulcan1600 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Cathie,

Easy....relax. You have 1 year on the warranty, not 90 days. Your phone is the only one you see in a day's time? Nobody else you work with has a phone, or your employer doesn't have a phone to call customer service on break or something? My Droid is important to me too, and my very first one had a warranty defect too. It happens. Unless you got it wet or physically damaged, they'll replace it for you.
  9. jscotti

jscotti New Member

I had a similar problem with my wife's Droid. The last thing I did before I was about to head over to the nearest Verizon store was to pop the micro-SD out. At that point, the Droid immediately fired up (without pressing any buttons). I turned it off and put the micro-SD back in and it rebooted normally and has been fine ever since (been more than a month). I guess the micro-SD got unseated or something. Hopefully you have the same problem and won't need to take it in.
  10. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

As for the rebate, I had to call them 4 months after I got the phone, they said it was mailed back in Dec, I never got it. So they sent me another one and came within a week.. I thinks its www.verizonwireless.com/rebates to check on yours online.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  11. supercharged.droid

supercharged.droid New Member

Hmm.. I've recently had this happen too, but the person above made an interesting discovery. The night before I had my SD card out. After I removed the battery and put it back in like 5 times I also reseated the SD card. Eventually it came back on, but I don't know where in this process I messed with the SD card. It could very well have been my issue. My phone is only a week old.

As far as the rebates, I always order the phones from Verizon online. I get the instant rebate and they overnight the phones to me.
Search tags for this page

droid suddenly won't turn on

droidx got wet and wont come on.

how to fix a droid 2 that won't turn on
how to fix a droid 2 when it don't cut on

mmy droid x2 got wet and wont cut on

motorola milestone wont power on

motorola milestone x wont turn on

motorola xprt won't turn all the way on
motorola xprt won't turn on all the way
my+droid+phone+suddenly+won't+turn on
new galaxy s3 suddenly wont turn on