sudden problem with market

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ck42, Feb 14, 2011.

1. ck42

ck42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Noticed I'm not getting the typical couple of apps have updates...so that was the first sign. Then, when I tried to manually search for an app that I already have installed, Titanium, it says there's no match. So, tried a couple more apps that I have installed. Can't find them.

In the main window, I can see all the Paid for and Free apps listings and such. I can even download and successfully install one of these listed apps. I just acts like the apps I already have installed no longer exist on the Market. But....I went to market.android.com and did a search for Titanium, and it found it...and it says that I have it installed. ????

What's going on here? I found a link to the apk for the new marketplace and tried to install, but it failed. Tried clearing the cache for Market. No change.

So...first, how can I fix this...and second, is it possible to install the new Market yet?

#1 ck42, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  2. noiofnine

noiofnine Member

Ratings:
    +0
    market not linked to installed apps

I am having same issues. My apps list in market is blank. I thought it was me as I am using a transarent themed app. But I see I'm not the only one.

I can install apps but once installed only the newest onces shows, but after about an hour they disappear my the May Apps list again. Just a slight inconvinces of updating. But so far I can live it for now.

3. Iryman

Iryman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    that is the same problem that i am having with PE. i wonder if this is a GB thing? I was hoping the switch back to ss would solve my problem. i know here after a bit i guess.

4. ck42

ck42 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well...after messing around a bit, I've gotten nowhere. In fact, it's more broken. :icon_ banana:

I've tried manually installing the 2.2.6 and 2.2.7 Market apk. 2.2.6 won't install as I recall and 2.2.7 will install but not make it past the EULA screen part when trying to start it up. I've gone back to the original Market and now it FC's at random points....but ALWAYS will FC at the point that it starts to download a new app. (***it DOES now show me my apps and the ones that have an update waiting...I just can't get them to download now)

At least I discovered the web based Market...and see that I can successfully tell it to install an app to my Droid. Very cool. But I want my Market and the automated update notifications back.

5. rich_r

rich_r Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Until last night my market has been working fine. But starting last night the only apps that show up in "My Apps" are purchased apps.

If I search for an app that is in fact installed but not purchased (e.g. a free app) the Market finds it and shows it as installed -- its just not in My Apps.

6. possessedskier

Ratings:
    +0
    Same for me. The market has also reverted to the default green color instead of the blue that it was when I first installed SS 5.0.

Edit: In the 5.0 bugs thread Chevy says the Green Market issue is fixed for the next SS version. Don't know if it also fixes the apps not showing issue.

#6 possessedskier, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  7. stark23x

stark23x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The apps issue can be solved using Titanium's Market Doctor. I had around 60 apps installed but not showing as linked, Market Doctor cleaned it all up.

8. possessedskier

Ratings:
    +0
    Result: "Market Doctor has found no recoverable Market link"

To clarify the problem: The apps did appear in "My Apps" until last night when the green version of the Market started running instead of the blue version that installed with 5.0. The Market links are still there because they all show as installed if I search the Market. But only the purchased apps are in the My Apps list. Also, all of my installed apps are listed in the "My Market Account" section of the web based Market.

I've added this to the Bug List.

#8 possessedskier, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2011
  9. stark23x

stark23x Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow...weird. It fixed it for me first try! Sorry it didn't help. This might be a pain in the ass, as it fails a lot, but have you tried the "Force market link" function? To do it for every app would be tedious, but I just wonder if it works at all.

10. possessedskier

Ratings:
    +0
    Even weirder... I uninstalled and then reinstalled one of my apps. Now all of my apps appear in "My Apps" like they should. This must be related to the green market bug that Chevy has a fix for.

Thanks for the help.

11. s0m3f00l

s0m3f00l Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I cant seem to install any new apps for some reason... IDK if its the market or the ROM

I assume its the market cause now its working again.... Sorry