Sudden overheating and psychically slippery phone

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Hello all. I just registered to this forum in hope to solve my problem with your guys helps. I tried many things and many forums to fix my phone's problem but no avail. I'm sure people did their best to help me and I would really appreciate if you could your best too.

I have the Galaxy S5. I was very content with it, minor issues most of the time.
Until I update it to the latest firmware (for solving call issues).
I don't know what just happened but my phone is suddenly turned to be physically very slippery.
There was no slippery whatsoever before the update.
I think it is causing because of overheating but I am not sure. I don't feel so much overheating.
Slippery is much bigger problem than overheating. I fear to drop my phone someday, it is THAT slippery.

The steps I've done so far:

Resetting system to factory settings,
In recovery menu, wipe cache and data,
Flash the whole stock rom for my country via Odin,
Flash many stock roms; KitKat, Lollipop, Marshmallow, other countries' stock roms,
Flash with the following options ticked in Odin: Re-Partition PIT, Nand-Erase All, Bootloader Update,
Void warranty and root and flash custom recovery Philz, there format anything can be formatted,
Install custom roms,
Change kernels,
Use phone cases,
Change the charger,
Change the battery,

And nothing helped...

Now I'm seriously thinking to sell my phone. What should I do guys? I'm hesitating for RMA because the Knox counter is already tripped and if they find that out, I don't know what will happen. Please help me.

OP
K

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Do you have a case on the phone?

Sent from my Moto Z
Yes sir. I have three cases. a PU-leather case, a polycarbonate-plastic combined case and a rear's glass, edge sides' aluminum case.

OP
K

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Ok. Is the case slippery? Or the phone is slippery when it's not in a case?

Sent from my Moto Z
Without in a case it is worst unfortunately. The cases help little in the beginning but soon they happen to be slippery too. I bought the cases after the problem occurred. I used to use the phone as it is. Now it is almost impossible to use, pretty sure it will drop from my hand without in a case.

OP
K

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
Try rubbing the phone & cases with an alcohol prep pad. You may need more than one.

Sent from my Moto Z
Thanks for suggestion. I forget to mention but I've already tried a similar thing. I use TFT-LCD Screen Cleaner which I believe it has alcohol in it. It helps to prevent slippery for a short time but eventually the problem keeps coming back.

OP
K

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I would try just straight alcohol.

How often do you wash your hands?

Do you eat a lot of greasy food?
Hmm maybe I'll try pure alcohol if I could find one.

Very often. Wish the problem me being dirty but it isn't lol.

Not often. Why?

By the way there is an Iphone 6s belongs to my sister and I use that phone without any problems. I used to use mine like that as well. In fact I bought the S5 a year and two days ago. It was functioning almost flawless until the firmware update.

The phone is overheating and I believe this leds to phone being slippery. I couldn't find a solution yet for overheating as well..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Has the sister's iPhone exhibited any slipperiness? If so, maybe it's transmittible and the problem started there, possibly a bacteria or fungal infection. It's definitely not a virus because viruses are not slippery like funguses.

However a virus would explain the overheating, a digital fever, if you will.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Has the sister's iPhone exhibited any slipperiness? If so, maybe it's transmittible and the problem started there, possibly a bacteria or fungal infection. It's definitely not a virus because viruses are not slippery like funguses.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

OP
K

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5

No her phone is working same as before I hold it. I would know it by now because she would beat the hell out of me for infecting her phone for sure lol.

I don't think a virus is causing overheating because overheating is pretty much same after flashing a new official rom. I also scan the phone with antiviruses periodically.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You may wish to try phonesoap or UV light therapy on the phone.

black-frontNEW@2x_56cb460fe97e6_400x300-jpg-keep-ratio.jpeg

UV Light Sanitizing | Clean & Polish Devices with PhoneSoap

6d32fcafdc9080ed56bddf8ccd74e6c9.jpg
bbe9b22f51e859116551f498ff26580d.jpg

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
You may wish to try phonesoap or UV light therapy on the phone.

black-frontNEW@2x_56cb460fe97e6_400x300-jpg-keep-ratio.jpeg

UV Light Sanitizing | Clean & Polish Devices with PhoneSoap

That's good advice. I work for a nursing home. The new whirlpool tub there uses UV light to clean & kill bacteria. Pretty cool.

This way, you'd kill the bacteria that's causing the slippery condition.

Software can't make a phone slippery. Are your hands sweating more because the phone is overheating?

How do you know it's overheating? Do you get a warning notification? Or does it just feel hot? Is this all the time, or only during prolonged periods of use? Social media & web browsing, or streaming videos & music or playing games?

Sent from my Moto Z

OP
K

karasahin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
That's good advice. I work for a nursing home. The new whirlpool tub there uses UV light to clean & kill bacteria. Pretty cool.

This way, you'd kill the bacteria that's causing the slippery condition.

Software can't make a phone slippery. Are your hands sweating more because the phone is overheating?

How do you know it's overheating? Do you get a warning notification? Or does it just feel hot? Is this all the time, or only during prolonged periods of use? Social media & web browsing, or streaming videos & music or playing games?

Sent from my Moto Z
Yes I think the reason my hands are sweating more is the phone overheating.

I don't get a warning notification but it is overheating as I write this reply. I feel that it is hot. Both the screen and the rear cover hot. The brightness is at lowest. I just check it the internal temps. Cpuz reports that the SoC is almost 70 celsius. The battery at 37 c. Playing games is my nightmare now.

I almost couldn't believe how cool this phone was for about six months till the update. I was very content with this phone. Couldn't believe how it turned to this.