sucky droid x

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My Droid X is unrooted and is stuck on the Motorola bootloader screen. I have tried a soft reset many times and a hard reset twice. No dice. I turned it off earlier because I could not make calls. This is probably the 8th time it has done this in the 20 days I have owned it. All the other times, it would turn back on if I let it sit. The battery had 90% charge on it when I shut it off.

I am about ready to just get my money back as my mom's LG Ally has been flawless (I am using it to post this). Anything I can do until I can contact Verizon later today?

joeLENN1012

Reaction score
I dont know why you would ever go to an ally...I have never had any problems with my Dx. It seems you have had it within 30 days, just bring it back and they will give you a new one at no cost...Ally sucks

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is actually faster than what my X was and has had no issues despite being dropped. My X has never been dropped and froze at the boot screen on day one. When I spend $200 I expect to not have to worry if the phone will actually turn on...

Anyway, I'd rather get back to the Droid issue instead of LG bashing.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It is actually faster than what my X was and has had no issues despite being dropped. My X has never been dropped and froze at the boot screen on day one. When I spend $200 I expect to not have to worry if the phone will actually turn on...

Anyway, I'd rather get back to the Droid issue instead of LG bashing.

There is not a manufacturer of phones anywhere that doesn't put out a lemon once in a while. Take it back and get another phone that you will enjoy. I'd try another X just because of that spectacular screen, but get the one you'll be happy with.

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got off the phone with Verizon. Right as I started talking to the lady, the damn phone started working!

Anyway, she said its a common problem and they are sending me a brand new one. After I got off the phone, I started the music player and then it froze. I took the battery out and tried to turn it back on again and its still doing its weird thing. I might have to activate the ole trusty LG Cosmos until my new X comes...

Incidentally, I have easytether pro, will I be able to put it on my sd card and transfer it to my new phone (if I can get it to turn on) or will I have to request a new activation code from easytether?

Big Fate

Reaction score
Sounds like you got a lemon...

It happens... DX is a great phone btw

OP
brad92

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
My new one is better and came preloaded with Froyo. It still has signal issues though, but I don't have to worry about it not turning on. I hate the hard Android buttons at the bottom because they wear out easy with use. I would have rather had touch keys.

beeboo

Reaction score
Got off the phone with Verizon. Right as I started talking to the lady, the damn phone started working!

Anyway, she said its a common problem and they are sending me a brand new one. After I got off the phone, I started the music player and then it froze. I took the battery out and tried to turn it back on again and its still doing its weird thing. I might have to activate the ole trusty LG Cosmos until my new X comes...

Incidentally, I have easytether pro, will I be able to put it on my sd card and transfer it to my new phone (if I can get it to turn on) or will I have to request a new activation code from easytether?
If you have easy tether pro, just send them an email and let them know you had to replace your phone. You need to send your order number and the IMEI/MEID number and they will send you a new code. I had to do that last weekend. They responded very quickly to my email. Awesome customer service!