Succulent Desire 8.0

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
All the guys are working on themes and have got some great stuff in the works! I know Stratt and I are working on apps with custom bgs...?!?! For our themes and I will be adding red to simple black and renaming...... there is a new release in the works and so far it is SWEET.... But, Woody just started the college life so the update is on hold for a little while but hey, would you guys really work on that stuff during the first weeks of college!?!? I am sure that there are plenty of "distractions" right now!!! Lol.....

Good things are coming.....

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
Yes a newer version of SD is in the works, whether it will be SD-8 or not im not sure yet..

i'll try to get some kind of a BETA version of SD out this week, i am really busy with college and a life/girlfriend.. but i have not given up on the droid life.. lol, my updates will just be slower with school, but over breaks like now over labor day i will be doing as much as i can..

im just trying to get caught up tonight on everything, i got side tracked chaning my boot logo, but its whatever.. so yes you can expect some kind of an update soon

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Yes a newer version of SD is in the works, whether it will be SD-8 or not im not sure yet..

i'll try to get some kind of a BETA version of SD out this week, i am really busy with college and a life/girlfriend.. but i have not given up on the droid life.. lol, my updates will just be slower with school, but over breaks like now over labor day i will be doing as much as i can..

im just trying to get caught up tonight on everything, i got side tracked chaning my boot logo, but its whatever.. so yes you can expect some kind of an update soon

Respecting the fact that you've got a "work in progress" - which I do - could you consider throwing us a bone, so to speak, and leaking one of the boot animations for one of the upcoming themes? I'm particularly interested in the next Atlantis theme's Boot Animation.

Something to tied me over until you're ready to go full boat... :icon_ poke:

Thanks much! :)

-Mike

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Respecting the fact that you've got a "work in progress" - which I do - could you consider throwing us a bone, so to speak, and leaking one of the boot animations for one of the upcoming themes? I'm particularly interested in the next Atlantis theme's Boot Animation.

-Mike

Here is a bone/tip. This is based off of test-3 which is the lates ROM any of us as far as I know have seen from woodyman.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-concepts/81710-release-succulent-desire-evo-droid.html

BETA!!!!!!! I haven't tried this one myself just the stock test-3 and that did come without SU permissions (easy fix just search for the latest and install)

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was wondering the same thing. Hope SOMA is working this time!

SOMA had a release with ccvs, or one of those other ROM's but just a test release. I did see the creator of SOMA post that his final will/should be exclusive at least at first to the next Droid Concepts ROM.

All of the other themes I've been getting are really sharp. SHINE has had a massive overhaul and is better every time I get an updated version to test.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock

-Mike

Here is a bone/tip. This is based off of test-3 which is the lates ROM any of us as far as I know have seen from woodyman.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-concepts/81710-release-succulent-desire-evo-droid.html

BETA!!!!!!! I haven't tried this one myself just the stock test-3 and that did come without SU permissions (easy fix just search for the latest and install)

OK, so I'm clear on this - this is a beta themed ROM, right? For the Droid 1, that was based on the HTC EVO version of Succulent Desire, right? I'm more than willing to test it, just wanted to be clear on what it was.

Thanks Dude! dancedroiddancedroid

-Mike

djakrse

Reaction score
Any chance we could get xeudoxus's brightness hack on the upcoming rom? I recently applied this on my phone and I love it. dancedroid

For those that don't know, it reduces the minimum brightness setting your phone is capable of, so when you are in darkness, the display is not quite so bright.

The only down-side of the hack, as far as I know, is that it un-themes your framework-res.apk. It takes an extra couple of steps to re-theme it, but it's very worth it for me, since I read on my phone a lot at night. Maybe there's an easier way, but it took me a few tries to get it to work. Apparently the Droid doesn't like the resources.arsc to be compressed. Guess that was another downside to the hack for me.