su through 2.1

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Foolish, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Foolish

Foolish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys,

sorry if this is a repost but I have a quick question. I recently installd the nexus rom from sholes .info. Its awesome. I am having a problem getting root access though on the phone. through adb shell when hooked to my computer I do not have a problem. I try to run terminal emulator or rott explorer and nothing. I then went to eugenes rom with 2.1 and I could acess everything. Do I need to do anything. I switched back to sholes.info's version because eugenes backlight was killing my battery and with a two month old I need my pictures to save lol.....so can anyone help me? its prolly something stupid I am looking over.

Also I patched my browser to use milestones..frickin sweet, has anyone patched the google maps app yet? that would be awesome. I am also loving this gallery. If we could get pinch to zoom in that then whooo.....totally f the iphone lol

2. intenselyinsane

intenselyinsane New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This fixed mine

1. Reboot[​IMG] into recovery.
    2. Using the recovery menus, mount /system
    3. Through adb, push the su binary from http://magicandroidapps.com/su.zip to /system/bin/ [NOT the zip file[​IMG], the file inside of the zip file. It will just be named "su" without a file extension.]
    4. chmod su to 6755

Code:
    chmod 6755 /system/bin/su
    5. unmount /system
    6. reboot!