SU keeps force closing apps..

biggidy

Reaction score
As stated,,on OG droid..rooted been rooted for years..used soup or root worked awesome.things were all good..stock rom..nemus launcher..setcpu is not set crazy..today for some odd reason I checked the su binary to see if it was up to date I accendtly clicked on temparry unroot and ota safe..not knowing..went back says no su binary found..I rerooted..downloaded su binaries..booted setcpu in recovery just in case..now..all apps run slow..and SU will force close when trying to grant persissions and can't access my rooted apps like setcpu..I can acces clockwrk mod but it will stall out when I fix permissions..root checker fc..su binary update fc..wtf..umm help plse. :)

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Some things are better left alone. Or as another old timer told me once when I was young, "If it works, don't fix it".

Anyways, sound like something went wrong with your reroot process. Exactly what method did you use?

But you've got alot of weird stuff going on as well. I have never heard of booting SetCPU in recovery? When you access clockwork mod (meaning that when you boot into recovery, you have clockworkmod and not stock recovery), what version are you using that has the option to fix permissions? What app did you use to check to see if the su binary is up to date? I have only just used whatever su binary that ships with the rom I am running, changing it would probably break stuff as you hyave now found out.

Help me help you.