Stupidity

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treym

Ok, I just wanna say that I'm getting a little irritated about all this crap about rom vs rom. The thing that irritates me the most is. I CAN'T EVEN STATE MY DISTASTE FOR A ROM?

The whole problem stemmed from people barging into sections and trying to advertise other roms, which was annoying as hell. But now, it's like you can't even disscuss the negative aspects of another rom without the Rom Police showing up and telling you your being disrespectful.

WTF?
There is a BIG difference between me going into some other rom forum and saying:
"Hey, try Sapphire! It's the best! Way better that Rom-X! Rom-X sucks!"
^ (That is irritating and stupid. Not because of hurting a devs feelings. It's just ANNOYING.)

And me saying this in the correct forum:
"Well, I don't really like Rom-X because ___"
^ (That is just fine. Nothing wrong with that statement.)

HTF is that disrespectful? It's not. And it's annoying as hell for people to show up and start taking offence to someones comments. MY GOD! IT'S JUST AN ANDROID ROM! GTF over it. People have OPINIONS. Deal with it.

Advertising in the incorrect place is irritating. But stifling peoples opinions in the name of not hurting someone's feelings is a little childish. People that get their feelings hurt over some negative comment about a rom ROM need to grow the hell up. It's just a rom.

Armyof2

Reaction score
Problem is the second you say "well i don't like rom x because" in flood the trolls...I agree it's not right that nonthreatening opinions get turned into troll food but sadly forums tend to do that...

The real issue is every time this starts, the threads that people are seeking help in get taken over by BS about the ROMs rather than helping the person that is asking the questions. In the end this is a help/info forum and the help/info is getting muddled in this other crap.

OP
T

treym

Well, IMO it's the trolls that should get prosecuted. Not the poster of an opinion. But I get your point about this being a help/info forum. I agree.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. I don't particularly like the way you expressed it in a family forum.

I would remind you that if something like this does happen to you and somebody starts flaming you for simply pointing out something you don't like about that ROM and you are in the correct are, report the thread. We do not tolerate flaming in here and you have a right to speak your mind in the proper arena.

But lets drop all the acronyms. That was a bit excessive.

OP
T

treym

my apologies hookbill. I will edit the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.