1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stupid Verizon splash page when using USB.

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible' started by Logan176, Oct 2, 2010.

1. Logan176

Logan176 New Member

I hooked up my Dinc to the computer to pull off some pictures for the first time since Froyo was downloaded and my browser opened automatically to a Verizon splash page and directing me to download some stupid Verizon software. God I can't stand Verizon's tactics. I can't even pull pics off my phone without them jumping in my face. Is there a way to disable this?
  2. atthehop

atthehop New Member

Just tried mine for the first time since Froyo and it did not do that for me.
  3. Logan176

Logan176 New Member

I just tried it at home and it didn't do it either...BUT it does happen on both my work computers. These computer are at two different places of employment. I also noticed that the computer now notices a Verizon CD drive when I hook the phone up the computer asking me if I want to download a program. I wonder if someone else with an Android phone downloaded this software and now it interacts with other Android phones.
  4. kennyc

kennyc New Member

You have to right-click on the M logo on the task bar (or in hidden task bar)
    and choose "when phone connects" "do nothing"

Had me going for a while too...
  5. crunchcg

crunchcg New Member

I have also been annoyed by this. I have been leaving my USB cable plugged into my laptop, logging in, and then the message does not show up when I add the phone to the usb cable. Msg only appears when it discovers a new device after logging in on my laptop with windows xp.
  6. ChuckMRN

ChuckMRN New Member

This is how I fixed mine. I don't take credit for this, sorry I can't remember who did this post:

Easy way to remove the stupid VZW CD-Rom popup from Leaked Sense 2.2
    I was heading in to check if my EVRC-B was still enabled after the update and stumbled upon this by accident...

Dial ##7764726
    Hit Call
    Type Password is 000000
    Hit Feature Settings
    Choose CD ROM
    Click Disable
    Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)
    Back out to home

Hope this is what you are talking about, if not, my bad
  7. drtnsnw

drtnsnw Member

yep worked on mine

Chris
Search tags for this page

disable cd rom on droid dna

disable verizon mobile drive

how do i disable verizon cd drive usb

remove verizon mobile cd drive