Stupid Verizon splash page when using USB.

Logan176

Reaction score
I hooked up my Dinc to the computer to pull off some pictures for the first time since Froyo was downloaded and my browser opened automatically to a Verizon splash page and directing me to download some stupid Verizon software. God I can't stand Verizon's tactics. I can't even pull pics off my phone without them jumping in my face. Is there a way to disable this?

OP
L

Logan176

Reaction score
I just tried it at home and it didn't do it either...BUT it does happen on both my work computers. These computer are at two different places of employment. I also noticed that the computer now notices a Verizon CD drive when I hook the phone up the computer asking me if I want to download a program. I wonder if someone else with an Android phone downloaded this software and now it interacts with other Android phones.

kennyc

Reaction score
You have to right-click on the M logo on the task bar (or in hidden task bar)
and choose "when phone connects" "do nothing"

Had me going for a while too...

crunchcg

Reaction score
I have also been annoyed by this. I have been leaving my USB cable plugged into my laptop, logging in, and then the message does not show up when I add the phone to the usb cable. Msg only appears when it discovers a new device after logging in on my laptop with windows xp.

ChuckMRN

Reaction score
This is how I fixed mine. I don't take credit for this, sorry I can't remember who did this post:

Easy way to remove the stupid VZW CD-Rom popup from Leaked Sense 2.2
I was heading in to check if my EVRC-B was still enabled after the update and stumbled upon this by accident...

Dial ##7764726
Hit Call
Type Password is 000000
Hit Feature Settings
Choose CD ROM
Click Disable
Hit menu, commit modifications (it will say no item changed)
Back out to home

Hope this is what you are talking about, if not, my bad