Stupid Titanium backup question

Chris.Nelson

Reaction score
I rooted my phone and installed Titanium Backup. It lists my apps and lets me schedule backups but I don't see a "Back up now" button/option. Am I missing something?

thenowherekid

Reaction score
I rooted my phone and installed Titanium Backup. It lists my apps and lets me schedule backups but I don't see a "Back up now" button/option. Am I missing something?

Click the menu button,
then click batch.

Then there are a whole list of options to choose from. 4 down should be Backup all user apps and system data.

br91655

Reaction score
If I'm rooted and use nandroid backup under clockworkmod recovery is there any reason for me to use titanium backup?

drpaul07

Reaction score
If I'm rooted and use nandroid backup under clockworkmod recovery is there any reason for me to use titanium backup?

Nandroid backups and using Titanium Backup are two different things. A nandroid backup basically makes a copy of your entire phone, so if you apply an update.zip and it ends up messing your phone up or sending you into a bootloop, you can use a nandroid backup that will restore your phone and make it exactly the way it was at the time you made the nandroid backup.

Titanium backup is used to restore apps and settings after you flash a new rom (since you have to wipe data and cache when flashing a rom, you will lose your apps and settings). Normally i think the android market begins to download all your apps automatically, but sometimes it misses some. And so you can use Titanium backup to restore those apps + market links. It will also restore your contacts (although that can be synced through gmail as well), texts, bookmarks, etc.