Stupid SD CARDS!!!!!

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
God I hate these things. I have gone through 3 from VZW in the last 18 months. This time when I click on Gallery it says there are no pictures available. If I open Astro or Aedo I can browse my pic's.....WTH?

Any fix for this or is this SD screwed like the rest?

rustydogg

Reaction score
Try scanning it with the error checking tool for drives in windows. It's fixed mine a few times when my Droid 2 could not read my micro sd card.

OP
N

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's the weird part....all my apps load like normal....music is available....file exporers (astro and so on) are able to see pic's....it is literally only Gallery that has the trouble. I just snapped a pic and it showed it in gallery as the only one....rebooted my phone and now it doesn't even see that.

txter

Reaction score
i fixed the gallery picture issue. im posting this to help others. look in your files (i used astro) for anything named .nomedia and delete it. using astro i found one right in the root. deleted it and now gallery show all photos in all folders.

pool_shark

Reaction score
i fixed the gallery picture issue. im posting this to help others. look in your files (i used astro) for anything named .nomedia and delete it. using astro i found one right in the root. deleted it and now gallery show all photos in all folders.

.nomedia is what some people use to make sure the pics are hidden from the gallery, it also comes in certain apps so the folder doesn't show in the gallery.

txter

Reaction score
i dont know how i got it. and the file i deleted wasnt even a folder. it was like a txt doc or something. it had a white icon instead of the folder icon in astro.
i didnt download any app or anything. i rebooted my phone and all of a sudden this happened.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm using a class 4 Topram card which is serving me well. $40 from Amazon.

Sent from my rooted DROID2

txter

Reaction score
a search wouldnt find any for me either. maybe cause of the "." before the name. however it was right at the top of my files when i used astro to look at my sd card. i found another in a folder named media. the only thing in that folder was a file named .nomedia.
i found that one the next day so it wasnt my problem.
which file manager are you useing?