Stupid SD card question...

MattM1124

Reaction score
I know this is probably dumb but I'm new to owning a Droid. I saved some pictures onto my phone and they don't show up in my gallery but show up on my contacts. Is there a way to view what's on my SD card without hooking it up to a computer. If I need to hook it up to computer, what are those steps?

Thanks

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Go to the Market and download Astro Viewer...it will allow you to see and manipulate the files on your SD card easily.

If you hook your phone to your PC via USB, make sure when it gets fully connected that you pull down the Notification Bar at the top, click the USB setting, and then select Mass Storage, this allows the most easily available viewing and moving of files from the SD card.

OP
M

MattM1124

Reaction score
Go to the Market and download Astro Viewer...it will allow you to see and manipulate the files on your SD card easily.

If you hook your phone to your PC via USB, make sure when it gets fully connected that you pull down the Notification Bar at the top, click the USB setting, and then select Mass Storage, this allows the most easily available viewing and moving of files from the SD card.

Thanks a lot for your response. I actually did download Astro Viewer but it shows nothings on the sd card. I don't get where those pictures saved too though. And if I hook my phone up to my computer and click mass storage, do I have to click anything else before disconnecting my phone from the computer also?

AngelRyuxz

Reaction score
Try astro file manager and look on the sd for dcim/camera

Edit
Most phones have a files folder in the drop down menu so you can access your sd. Astro really just so you can download any file type like .rars and stuff. That's what I use it for anyways..

Sent from my DROIDX 2.2.1, system version 2.3.340 that is rooted using Tapatalk

dtsig

Reaction score

Thanks a lot for your response. I actually did download Astro Viewer but it shows nothings on the sd card. I don't get where those pictures saved too though. And if I hook my phone up to my computer and click mass storage, do I have to click anything else before disconnecting my phone from the computer also?
Are you saying there was no file folders or files?

OP
M

MattM1124

Reaction score

Are you saying there was no file folders or files?

There are folders there but what I did was saved pictures from facebook to add to my contacts list. I then deleted the pictures from my camera gallery but the pics still show up under the contacts. Should that happen or when the picture is deleted, shouldn't it take it off the contacts list too? That's what makes me think the pics are still saved somewhere.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
The pic you took is no longer there.

The thumbnails created for the contact lists are separate, once you add a pic to the contact, you can delete the pic if you wish.

If you want to get rid of the contact thumbnail, just remove from the contact.

I forgot the location of the thumbs themselves, but I'm in an Original Droid anyways. Just trust me, the larger images you shot are gone.

BodyBagz

Reaction score
If I understand correctly...you "saved" some pics from Facebook (I assume you did this by longpressing on the images in the browser) and then set those images as contact photos. You then went in through your gallery and "deleted" these same images, yet they are still showing up. Is this right?

When you look through your SD card using Astro, do you see a folder labled "downloads"? If so, you should see a copy of the saved image file...this folder is where the images are actually "saved" to...the gallery will show these images as well. I am not 100% sure that deleting an image from the gallery will also delete it from the download folder, but I am 99% sure...:)