1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stupid question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 2 Global' started by captain howdy, Jul 22, 2011.

1. captain howdy

captain howdy New Member

Ok me and my brother both have the same phone. I got the market up date today and he has not got it yet. Now the question. Assuming im. Higher on the list for up dates. When GB finals gets released is there any way I can use my sim card to get the up date for his phone. Sorry if its a stupid question and thanks in advance for any info.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums
  2. jstafford1

jstafford1 Super Moderator

Not stupid at all. But that's not how it works. The updates are pushed randomly. You're not higher up, you just got lucky.

end of line...
  3. Byakushiki

Byakushiki New Member

You could just keep bootstrap around, so it'll kick out the install. Then just copy and paste the file over to the other phone as an update.zip
  4. MrHatchi87

MrHatchi87 New Member

i didnt want to wait for the update, so i got it from this forum, and its great. but the others are right, its totally random. the only way to get it is to wait till its completely rolled out to all users higher than 2.2 or 2.1, or get the .apk file. ( i emailed Google :p thats how i knew lol )

also, here is the link to the post here:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global/159334-new-android-market-app.html
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2011