Stupid question (probably) about operating system droid x

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by zrush978, Oct 25, 2011.

1. zrush978

zrush978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, I'm new to the forum as a member, been here multiple times for odds and ends but I finally wanted to join the community. I have the droid X and I was rooted with z4 and using a liberty rom, i believe somewhere during the install something went wrong because it was never quite right, a lot of force closes opening liberty apps but all was tolerable. This last weekend something happened and I lost my keyboard function all together as well as the dialer so the phone was useless, luckily I ended up finding directions to get the stock SBF back on the phone and luckily ended up finding a link to download the full SBF. So now my phone is back to stock everything and I'm just not the type of person that can leave well enough alone so here I go again.. first off I'm running Android 2.2.1 and my system version is 2.3.320.MB810.. My phone says it's completely up to date on the system updates, but I believe there is an upgraded version to run gingerbread? The system I want to end up running is z4 root on gingerbread with the liberty gb rom. I'm just lost on what I need to do to achieve this goal. Any help appreciated.

Thanks guys!

2. haxerpaylay

haxerpaylay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    If you sbf and go to the update it should have gingerbread there... it always is for me at Least. Did you make any changes after you sbfed?

sent from a DROIDX using S.S. 2.2... the best rom for it...

3. zrush978

zrush978 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    when I SBF'd back to stock I never made any changes, when I go into the settings menu > about phone > system updates it tells me it's up to date. however I know there is an update that it's not telling me about, just not sure if my phone is too old or something. not sure how all of that works.

4. haxerpaylay

haxerpaylay Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's odd... you could always use a gingerbread .sbf that works with the liberty gingerbread rom. Lately I have recommend against liberty just because of all the new options cyanogenmod or Chevy's roms give us.

sent from a DROIDX using S.S. 2.2... the best rom for it...

Search tags for this page

best operating system for droid x

best os for driodx

best os for droid x

what is best operating system for a droid x
what operating system runs best on the droid x