stupid policy for accessories ordered online/over the phone

Droid1610

Reaction score
Ok so I called verizon tele sales last week when I ordered the phone and I wanted to buy a case for it, however the one I wanted was out of stock so the rep said she would offer me free overnight shipping on the items I wanted when they are back in stock. I checked online and the case/holster combo I was interested in was showing available so I called up and explained the case to the rep, she read the notes from the other rep and said ok what I can do is place the order and charge you for shipping and then I will place a credit on your account for the shipping cgarge making it free... I said ok sounds great. I then ask her how I return the case if I don't like it when it shows up and she said well you mail it back to us and we will credit your account for the purchase price but be advised that if you send it back you hhave to pay a $35 restocking fee.

I said WAIT a second you mean to tell me that if I send the case back unused I have to pay a restocking fee of $35 on a case that cost me $22.49? She said yes that is the wearhouses policy and there is no way around it. I actually started to laugh at it and she said I'm sorry did I say something funny and I said yea you expect costomers to pay restocking fees that are more then what the item is being sold for. I basically told her to cancel the order and that I would go to my local corporate store for my accessories.

I hung up and then called the local store and happened to speak right to the manager, I was nice and told him that I just bought the new Droid 3 and was looking for a case to protect it and he went on to ask how I like it and so on and then he said we do have the cases instock but they are not out on the diplay until Thursday when the phone launches for regular retail, but if you come in tonight I would be more then happy to bring some out from the back and show you some of the cases that we have, and if you like them you can purchase one tonight since you already own the phone.

I was surprised by this and told him I would be over after work this evening. He said great ill be waiting for you. So sorry for the long read but I honestly can't believe the whole restocking fee crap with accessories ordered over the phone. But on a positive side of things I'm glad the local store manager seems nice to let me check out the cases that aren't even on the sales floor yet.

If anyone wants me to look at any of the items in peticular let me know and I will check them out and let you know what they look like and so on...

-Drew

in99flames

Reaction score
The rep over the phone is an idiot. There is no restock fee on acc. Period. It is only 35 for phones and 70 for tablets and netbooks. You'll be fine.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
That's what I thought and I even tried to get her to clarify it because I told her she was confused about the restocking fee, I told her I've heard that it applies to devices not accessories. She came back with something along the lines of don't tell me what is and is not right its my job to disclose to you the policy on the restocking fee, my response was the phone being hung up in her ear...

My conclusion is that sometimes you just come across a stupid customer service rep. Its not my first time hanging up and calling right back only to get my request handled by a much happier, willing to help person...

woodyman

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.droidconcepts.com
check out the inductive charging door please!! lol

Ok so I called verizon tele sales last week when I ordered the phone and I wanted to buy a case for it, however the one I wanted was out of stock so the rep said she would offer me free overnight shipping on the items I wanted when they are back in stock. I checked online and the case/holster combo I was interested in was showing available so I called up and explained the case to the rep, she read the notes from the other rep and said ok what I can do is place the order and charge you for shipping and then I will place a credit on your account for the shipping cgarge making it free... I said ok sounds great. I then ask her how I return the case if I don't like it when it shows up and she said well you mail it back to us and we will credit your account for the purchase price but be advised that if you send it back you hhave to pay a $35 restocking fee.

I said WAIT a second you mean to tell me that if I send the case back unused I have to pay a restocking fee of $35 on a case that cost me $22.49? She said yes that is the wearhouses policy and there is no way around it. I actually started to laugh at it and she said I'm sorry did I say something funny and I said yea you expect costomers to pay restocking fees that are more then what the item is being sold for. I basically told her to cancel the order and that I would go to my local corporate store for my accessories.

I hung up and then called the local store and happened to speak right to the manager, I was nice and told him that I just bought the new Droid 3 and was looking for a case to protect it and he went on to ask how I like it and so on and then he said we do have the cases instock but they are not out on the diplay until Thursday when the phone launches for regular retail, but if you come in tonight I would be more then happy to bring some out from the back and show you some of the cases that we have, and if you like them you can purchase one tonight since you already own the phone.

I was surprised by this and told him I would be over after work this evening. He said great ill be waiting for you. So sorry for the long read but I honestly can't believe the whole restocking fee crap with accessories ordered over the phone. But on a positive side of things I'm glad the local store manager seems nice to let me check out the cases that aren't even on the sales floor yet.

If anyone wants me to look at any of the items in peticular let me know and I will check them out and let you know what they look like and so on...

-Drew

OP
D

Droid1610

Reaction score
I will get the details on the charging door, I read your post about if it would work on the powermat so I will ask and let you know.