stupid me..

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had to use matt's utility to get back to stock for the ota. (worked like a charm):hail:
Somehow in the process I managed to erase the sd where I saved all of my titanium backups.
so now I am going restore a nandroid from April the 2nd.. hopefully I can get enough data backed up with TiBU then restore back to 181...
to think I wasn't even gonna bother with this OTA...:angry:

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Something strange ..

I restored back to the 4/2 nandroid I had, made tibu's of my user apps.
Then went to restore the nandroid from post 181, it failed so I rebooted.
Now I have a cross between the 2. All my settings and such are same as before with some apps missing.
Managed to stick the OTA...

----posted maxx'ed out----

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
The wiping of the internal SD is a problem with earlier versions of the Utility but was "fixed" with a later one (I believe 1.41 suffered this but 1.42 didn't). Perhaps somehow in the newest versions, the bug jumped back in? I would PM Matt and see his take on it.

As for the backups/restores and such you've gone through...all I can say is :blink:.

It's a shame you jumped right in there, as a SD Card format recovery tool may have been able to retrieve the data on that internal SD Card. After all, it's static RAM and when formatted, it only wipes the FAT (File Allocation Table). Any good undelete/unformat tool (such as R-Studio), could likely recover 100% of that card's content.

Good luck! ;)

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't think it was the utility that did it.
I was in ab fastboot and cleared cache not thinking tibu saves were there. I have now begun saving tibu on the other side.. :)

----posted maxx'ed out----

gling

Reaction score
The wiping of the internal SD is a problem with earlier versions of the Utility but was "fixed" with a later one (I believe 1.41 suffered this but 1.42 didn't). Perhaps somehow in the newest versions, the bug jumped back in? I would PM Matt and see his take on it.

As for the backups/restores and such you've gone through...all I can say is :blink:.

It's a shame you jumped right in there, as a SD Card format recovery tool may have been able to retrieve the data on that internal SD Card. After all, it's static RAM and when formatted, it only wipes the FAT (File Allocation Table). Any good undelete/unformat tool (such as R-Studio), could likely recover 100% of that card's content.

Good luck! ;)

I got wiped also coming back from the ICS leak for the 181 update. Fortunately I had a couple of month old back up on my computer which got me close to where I needed to be.
In looking through Matt's utility thread he mentions the following;

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by reallyneatgirl
Matt, I have a question about your latest update. Does it erase internal memory as well? I know that 1.40 did, and 1.41 did not, so if you had one of a few problems that required an internal erase, you have to use the "older model". Just wondered if I should save my copy of 1.40 or if the new one erases all as well. Thanks!

It flashes emstorage.img (Internal storage) and could mean losing internal storage you haven't backed up.

You can remove the line in the .bat that flashes emstorage.img but if you can't activate your phone you know why.

OP
thaDroidz

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
ha ha..
I needed to undo my mess ups from last night, since I was going to start all over again I loaded up ICS..
doubt i'll be coming back to gingerbread...