Stupid bluetooth.... any help?

badkarma

Reaction score
Hey all, just got the D2G and have been reading up on it and stuff. BIG step form my BB. Loving the phone and have read a bunch about it but am having trouble with the bluetooth. I have searched for an answer but havent come up with anything so forgive me if it's answered elsewhere but this thing is really annoying me. Just got a new truck 2011 Ram and it has Uconnect system in it. well i had my BlackBerry paired to it and cant live without it now but the D2G will pair correctly but it wont stay connected. it will connect for a sec then lose it and 10 sec or so later it will connect again. i can watch this happening on my radio and if i try to answer or make a call it hangs up when it disconnects. I haven't rooted or anything like thats as i don't really see the need with a good chance i will screw it up and have messed with the settings for the bluetooth as well as changed the power settings and updates and all that but there is nothing i am seeing that should be causing this to happen as far as settings go. I will use my wife's D2G and see if her's does it as well but either way it is highly annoying. BTW amazing forum here and thanks for the vast amount of knowledge floating around here! gotta install the forum app now!

Digital Cha0s

Reaction score
ok well if there is away to remove your old device from you truck radio you might want to do that cause it might only accept one connection from a device also if that dont work you might want to call your dodge dealership to check compatabilty
I'm no expert but I have figured out a thing or two on my own

Last edited:
OP
B

badkarma

Reaction score
yeah already deleted the bb from it. will check out the uconnect website and check for issues there.

OP
B

badkarma

Reaction score
Yeah I called up all parties involved and it came down to motorola not supporting the vehile stuff on bluetooth. The tech said its not only a dodge uconnect thing but the other manufacturers have the same problem like sync ect. They said that they are expecting an update to both the phonea and radios very soon and im calling the dealership to see if there is one out now. They said that I was lucky it connected at all but when it goes out there is no support options to fix it. Also I did end up switching to the droid x and same issue but I do love the x more lol. Ill let ya know when and if I get it fixed. I have the rbz model radio in my truck.

Slipshod

Reaction score
That's total BS from them about it being a problem with Sync. My D2G works great with Sync on my 2010 Ford Fusion, and I use the bluetooth streaming and steering wheel skip controls everytime I'm driving. I use BeyondPod and Tasker to automatically start playing podcasts of radio shows I like whenever I start the car. It's like having my own personal radio station.

Sounds like they have a bug, and they need to stop making stupid excuses for it. .

PowrDroid

Reaction score
A long shot but try shutting off your WiFi scanning function when you are in your vehicle. I had problems when playing music from my D2G using the bluetooth connection to my Ford F150 with Sync. The song would drop out (mute) for about a second on a regularly timed basis, about once every minute. Once I shut down the WiFi scanner all was good.

Santa

Reaction score
Any word on the blue tooth update from motorola/Verizon? I have the same issue.. and it simply drops the connections randomly on my Volvo car....
Sometimes it actually hangs the blue tooth service on the phone... so it does not Connect to my blue tooth ear piece when i want to start using that device after I get off my Car.

OP
B

badkarma

Reaction score
Just wanted to update. I have since switched to the Droid X. Didnt really need the keyboard and read that the X is a better phone. I downloaded the new gingerbread update for my droid x and it works better than ever, will actually read my text messages to me and everything. very happy motorola got off their bum and got the update out to fix the bluetooth. Not sure what updates are for the other phones but for the X the gingerbread is the best!.

Last edited: