Stupid 4G

solohikr

Reaction score
I am on the line here at work between 4g and 3g. so my phone is constantly switching back and forth. How can I make my phone were it only stays on the 4g network?

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
There is no way to force LTE only with out cutting your phone service. Since 4g LTE is currently data only, forcing LTE only would disconnect your 3G service which is used for calls and texts.

Your best bet is to Go to Settings>Wireless and Network Settings>Mobile Network> and set the network to CDMA only.

Being in a fringe area where the phone is constantly switching between 3G and 4g will greatly decrease your battery life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
solohikr

solohikr

Reaction score
There is no way to force LTE only with out cutting your phone service. Since 4g LTE is currently data only, forcing LTE only would disconnect your 3G service which is used for calls and texts.

Your best bet is to Go to Settings>Wireless and Network Settings>Mobile Network> and set the network to CDMA only.

Being in a fringe area where the phone is constantly switching between 3G and 4g will greatly decrease your battery life.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply, I didn't realize the two worked independantly from each other, makes since. I am not concerned with battery life here at work, I can leave it plugged in allday, no biggie