Stupid 4G -- 4G connection inactive overnight, can't reactivate in morning

kijutsu

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up a Droid 4 -- first 4g device I've owned.

I went to bed last night 4g, was working fine. This morning (more like afternoon) I wake up and the 4g is idle, and it won't reactivate. I actually have to reboot the phone to get 4g to fire off. Is this normal? I am rooted, I froze a good chunk of the useless bloatware that VZ/Moto provided. Messed with the phone all night at work and it was fine. No disconnections even though 4g was reported to be braindead again.

tl:dr -- 4g dead in morning, must reboot phone. Why?

Thanks!

Reaction score
verizon answer: because **** you!

my answer: you may have frozen too much/the wrong piece of bloat. or maybe a smart action is messing with you? did you try toggling airplane mode (should at least save you the reboot)

OP
kijutsu

kijutsu

Reaction score
Tried airplane mode cycle.. no go.
tried turning off data.. no go.
I'm not using any smart actions.
thanks for the ideas.

I thawed out all the authenticators, YouTube, Facebook, etc. Ill see what this does in the morning now.

Hooks405

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just picked up a Droid 4 -- first 4g device I've owned.

I went to bed last night 4g, was working fine. This morning (more like afternoon) I wake up and the 4g is idle, and it won't reactivate. I actually have to reboot the phone to get 4g to fire off. Is this normal? I am rooted, I froze a good chunk of the useless bloatware that VZ/Moto provided. Messed with the phone all night at work and it was fine. No disconnections even though 4g was reported to be braindead again.

tl:dr -- 4g dead in morning, must reboot phone. Why?

Thanks!

Having the same issue with 3 4g LTE phones in Oklahoma City. How about the thunder? Lol back on point Called verizon about it because i was loosing 3g service and all the kind verizon representative said: "uh... we are having a nationwide outage and that they new about last night. They are working to resolve the issue............silence...." i replied ok i guess?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

quizzard

Reaction score
Just in case ya'll haven't talked to a smart Verizon tech yet: Pull your SIM card out for a few seconds (with the phone OFF!). Airplane mode will not work, rebooting your phone will not work. The issue is with how the D4/Razr chips are handling the authentications after a disconnect. Once they fix the problem at the tower you still need to pull the SIM card to get it to reset it on your phone, or do a master reset.

Hooks405

Reaction score
Just in case ya'll haven't talked to a smart Verizon tech yet: Pull your SIM card out for a few seconds (with the phone OFF!). Airplane mode will not work, rebooting your phone will not work. The issue is with how the D4/Razr chips are handling the authentications after a disconnect. Once they fix the problem at the tower you still need to pull the SIM card to get it to reset it on your phone, or do a master reset.

Sounds like a personal problem. All my phones came back fine without any reset. Wasting time to break out your good old back removal tool, just to pull the sim out for 2 seconds...

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

OP
kijutsu

kijutsu

Reaction score
I think it was all those stupid authenticators that were screwing with stuff. After I defrosted them, 4G was still active this morning when I woke up. So I'd recommend not freezing the authenticators such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, VZW Authenticators.