Stuff not saved under Windows/Google

Margotsha

Reaction score
I have people listed as my contacts, but when I scroll over to my group screen and try to add them into one of my groups, it won't let me (I can't find their name on the list of available contacts). If things are saved on my phone with VerizonWireless, and not under my Google account, it's like my phone does not even recognize them. Why? Do I have to go to each contact and resave it as a google contact?

KeepItReal

Reaction score
This has been one of the more perplexing mysteries of the contacts and calendar programs in these Android phones. If you save contacts on the phone, Verizons Backup Assistant backs you up, not Google. If you save your calendar events on the phone, no backup and you lose everything when you reset the phone. I save all contacts and calendar events in Google for one-stop backup. Then to top it off, on my Samsung phones, I could not make groups unless they were on the phone, so I had to need to reenter all the contacts again to be on the phone. I am sure it's the way the fields are different.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums