Stuck!! Which Phone and Why

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
I have had the Razr Maxx for just under a year. I love the battery life and for the most part I have been pleased with the phone. Unfortunately I have gone through several phones in the last couple of months with one problem or another. Original phone was freezing up for about an hour after calls made using a bluetooth device. I tried a few different bluetooths and it didnt matter, it would still freeze. Simulating a battery pull did nothing. Next phone had the same issue and also a bubbled battery and so on. Anyway.... Now that I have gone through so many phones they are offering me a new phone (I will believe it when I actually see it show up at my house LOL) and they would like me to give them my top choices. I have kind of been out of the loop for the last 6 months and would love some input.

Which phone ( s ) do you recommend and why?

Sorry if this has been asked recently or on other boards I did try and search it out first

Thanks in Advance :biggrin:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Really can't go wrong with any of the top tier phones out right now. Keep in mind the next generation of phones are at least rumored to be released in just a matter of a few months, but for now they're all great choices. I'm more surprised they didn't give you a short list of what your choices are.

OP
MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Really can't go wrong with any of the top tier phones out right now. Keep in mind the next generation of phones are at least rumored to be released in just a matter of a few months, but for now they're all great choices. I'm more surprised they didn't give you a short list of what your choices are.

Unfortunately I can't see them letting me wait out the new releases.

I was looking for a bit more info on the phones than the write ups that are out there for them. I would love to hear some personal pro and con lists from people.

I know the DNA is not for me, I didn't like that there is no removable memory. I like the idea or HD Maxx but am reluctant due to the problems I am having with the Maxx, I wouldn't mind hearing from Maxx owners what their thoughts are. Also, the Note II but my understanding is the screen is very weak and people have complained about breakage.

I could post in the individual forums but I know how that can go so I was hoping for more info in a general board setting

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well the only other phone I've owned out of this generation other than my Nexus is the SG3. I had it for about a week and really liked it, but not more than my Nexus so I sold it. I have no experience with any of the other devices other than a few minutes of hands-on time.

OP
MysticalDreams

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
Well the only other phone I've owned out of this generation other than my Nexus is the SG3. I had it for about a week and really liked it, but not more than my Nexus so I sold it. I have no experience with any of the other devices other than a few minutes of hands-on time.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe others will jump in

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for the reply. Maybe others will jump in
I'm sure others will come in and see this thread. If not, you can head over to each section and read up there. I'm sure many have shared their experiences in each section

mysticalmalissa

Reaction score
I am a former Maxx user and now have the Note 2.
I can not express enough how much I LOVE this phone!!

I really didnt think anything was going to top the Maxx for me until I checked out the Note 2. I was hooked within a matter of seconds.
The battery is as good as the Maxx in my eyes.
The camera is sooooo much better then the Maxx's.
So far for me its just as durable, Ive dropped it twice already on concrete! :/
The call quality is very good as is the signal strength. I was a bit skeptical of another Samsung because my Galaxy Nexus totally sucked in signal and call quality, but I am more then pleased with this one.

The s-pen is out of this world. I hardly ever use the keyboard (which is also amazing). I hand write out all of my texts and lists now and I was totally shocked it could actually read my writing. LOL

I could go on and on about this phone. As bad as my addiction is to having the latest and greatest, I can actually picture myself using this phone for the next two years.

Good luck with what ever you choose! :)