1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Stuck Ugh

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BlackHoleSlam, Dec 23, 2010.

1. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam New Member

hey guys so today i was using my d1 running miui rom and i was looking at the Sapphire rom and decieded to test it out but i chose the unofficial version 1.14 and i load it up with rom manager it installs then my boot image comes up but then i was stuck on a black screen for a good five minutes so i battery pulled and tried loading up the copy of miui i just made but same issue then i went into custom recovery and loaded up the boot from an older copy of miui i had and it worked but it wasn't the latest version so i downloaded 12.18 on my droid and tried to flash over but now i am stuck at the black screen again and i tried the same thing before with using an old boot but its a no go i know i am not bricked but i really rather not wipe because i had my setup nicely and i can still enter recovery so any ideas would be awesome thanks
  2. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I think you need to wipe before installing the new miui not sure. didn't they change the interface a little in the new one. I wipe before installing every rom, but I haven't used miui before so not sure.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  3. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam New Member

not the problem though i can not get back to my screen i load up get my boot image then a black screen instead of the boot animation
  4. Stelv

Stelv New Member

Idk then. Can you get into recovery...clockwork or sp?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  5. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Can you get into recovery?
  6. BlackHoleSlam

BlackHoleSlam New Member

yupp so i just re installed one of my old backups entirely and i will wait for 12.24 to come out only problem is i am scared if i try to update i will get the same problem
  7. hoppermi

hoppermi New Member

Well it won't help you now, but starting with 12.18 you can backup your launcher layout using MIUI backup. So no fear of wiping and losing your setup:)
  8. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

If you can get into recovery wipe the data and cache then install a good backup and you will be fine.