stuck @ setup accounts...NEED HELP

ultima

Reaction score
long story short, my bro did somethin w/ my phone &amp; it stopped working...only worked shortly after battery pulls<br><br>so i factory reset and it works but im stuck at setup accounts and it keeps looping when i set up gps and goes back to backup assistant. Any way to get by this? the error says My Accounts (process com.motorola.setup) has stopped&nbsp;<br><br>also, i know the phone is working cuz i can get online(by using voice serch), pull notif bar down and go into wifi, gmail, &nbsp;texts, etc, &nbsp;

OP
ultima

ultima

Reaction score
anybody have any ideas/advice???

gambit07

Reaction score
Yes, you can fix it by downloading launcherpro or a similar launcher apk and installing it. Then you'll have to figure out what apps need to be readded.

Reaction score
Same happened to me last night I did factory reset twice through the stock recovery

Then i skipped the tap andy by tapping four corners and the phone started fine then I skipped the backup assistant which is where I was stuck previous to the factory reset.

Then I opened the market to get it to prompt me for my google login

Also I'm going to guess your contacts will be broken when attempting to call someone from it my reccomendation would be get a third party contacts app I.e. Go contacts

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

mrailing

Reaction score
Sounds like your phone was rooted, and you or your brother removed some apps (bloatware). Specifically the "Guided Tours" which comes right after the GPS selection after doing a wipe. You will have to restore "Guided Tours" files. I did something similar, and here is what I did.

Hopefully you can get in to the Market place to download a launcher and root explorer...

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...tware-backup-assistance-dont-wipe-device.html

argenzjc

Reaction score
What if you can't even get past the first setup screen because its for closing. I press the little android and thats it, i'm screwed

I have no clue what to do now.

Yay for being an idiot and not backing up

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can't "back up" before you root.

You just need to get the file back on to the phone.

Yet another reason I don't let anyone touch my phone!

argenzjc

Reaction score
OK - Here is my story, and before I take this phone back to Verizon to try and get a new one, I hope someone can help me out of my bind.

Rooted my Droid 3. YAY! :)
Deleted bloatware I didn't want.
Contacts starting force closing.

Factory reset. Dumb Idea.

Got a forceclose midway through set up so I had to download ADW and load the system through that. GREAT! working again.

Contacts still force closed, but since I figured I loaded the APKs back on, changed the permissions and owners, I could factory reset and all would be well.

WRONG.

Force close right at the opening android setup window.

FML gonna need a new phone unless someone has a better idea. The only thing I have access to is wi-fi, which I can get to the browser with. I can't download any apps or anything.

Aiesline

Reaction score
Go here [ROOT/UNROOT] Droid 3 root instructions (One Click added for Windows/ Linux/ OSX) Download the root/unroot tools

Make sure you have the currant drivers for your phone installed

Run the .exe file

Choose the "Restore my /system/app"

You may need to then unroot and reroot.

Next.. Don't muck around uninstalling things until you are absolutely sure of the consequences. Buy titanium backup pro and freeze them instead. This in theory should fix it unless you have well and truly deleted something major.

Good luck.

Aiesline

Reaction score
There is a unbrick your phone file out there you have to push like a sbf. That is your last resort before getting a new phone...

good luck.