stuck on white "M" logo, cannot boot into recovery? HELP PLEASE, been a week already

snapperv423

Reaction score
I have a droid x and it was showing only the red M logo. I flashed it with RSD lite and the VRZ_MB81 software and it still won't power on but now the logo has turned to a white M logo. Can someone help to get me further? I'm really missing my phone!!!!

Ouija

Reaction score
Bump!

Same thing happened on an X I bought to fix and resell. I SBF'd and I got nothin. Stuck at either the white or red M logo, depending on which SBF I used of course. No possible way that I know of to boot into recovery. Is there any super-secret way to get into recovery that I don't know of? Has anyone ever seen this before on here?

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
I don't remember with any certainty, but IIRC you're supposed to hold the down vol button and the home icon as you power on the Droid X to get to the Android screen, then press the magnifying glass to get into the boot screen. Then wipe data/cache, then reboot. I just don't remember the exact buttons at the beginning as I have the Droid 2, but I believe that is correct.

Ouija

Reaction score
as was stated, we CANNOT boot into recovery by pressing Home and Power simultaneously. any bright ideas?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
sorry you guys have not been helped. I had the same issue and recovered give me a moment to get what you need.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The person with the droid x what os you running on your computer.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You will need winrar or 7zip to unpack.
was you on gingerbread or froyo when this happened. Very important that I know because it may fail if you never recieve the gb update because the gbread update updates the bootloader.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if you did recieve the gb update sbf using this:

from droid-life:

[h=2]DROIDX Gingerbread (4.5.596) SBF File Released[/h]
On 06.06.11, In Downloads, DROIDX, News, Root (unlock), by Kellex
Ahh, the trusty ol’ SBF file. The file that can bring you back to a stock state should you do something drastic to your phone and actually screw up. This DROIDX Gingerbread (4.5.596) version would be one that you’ll want to tuck away for safe keeping. We should warn you though, that using this will drop you to a clean and unrooted official Android 2.3.3. And that means you won’t be able to get root since 2.3.3 has not been rooted yet.
Download: VRZ_MB810_4.5.596_1FF_01.sbf [mirror]
*File is super compressed and will need 7zip to unpack it.

Reaction score
I had same issue. I spent 7 hours on forums and sbf'd probably 4 times. Go to moto site and type in the sseid number and check warranty. I sent mine in and two weeks later had a replacement . I was over a year since purchase date as well. You will not get into recovery, it is broken.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
as was stated, we CANNOT boot into recovery by pressing Home and Power simultaneously. any bright ideas?

Hmmm, maybe I'm blind but I don't see anywhere that you stated that you were using the buttons to attempt this, only that you were unable to do it. I was simply offering the steps necessary as you didn't mention them and quite often people get stuck in bootloop simply because they don't know to press those keys, or both volume rockers simultaneously. I'm sure you're a bit frustrated but being a jackass is going to get you zero help on my end just to let you know. Hope you get it figured out. Lates.

Ouija

Reaction score
Didn't realize i was being a jackass...i assumed that, after stating i couldn't boot into recovery, one could assume i had already made more than a few attempts. I bought the phone frozen at the red logo, so it would most likely have been on GB. However, I have already flashed .606 in rsd to no avail. Would you try .596 anyway? I'm pretty much open to anything at this point!

Reaction score
Didn't realize i was being a jackass...i assumed that, after stating i couldn't boot into recovery, one could assume i had already made more than a few attempts. I bought the phone frozen at the red logo, so it would most likely have been on GB. However, I have already flashed .606 in rsd to no avail. Would you try .596 anyway? I'm pretty much open to anything at this point!

Did you check the warranty on the MOTO site? You can check your warranty here...

Mobile Phones Support - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

I was in the same boat.. Couldnt get into recovery, I sbf's to froyo, and the logo changed to white, still couldnt get in. Didnt matter what I sbf'd to, I could ot get into recovery, and hence the phone would never go past the logo.

I sent the phone into Moto, and got a replacement. Just sold it for $220 with all my accessories...paid for my Bionic almost.