Stuck on the Eye

novacane

Reaction score
Nevermind, sweeter home finally force closed and brought the screen back...weird. This thread can be deleted.

Last edited:

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score
Not so fast. I just installed sweeter home too and now my droid is stuck on the eye.

Did you set sweeter home as default too? After sweeter booted up I turned off my phone and removed battery, because I read that helped a lot of people with errors. I was attempted to do some preemptive surgery but seems I caused a problem in it's own.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not so fast. I just installed sweeter home too and now my droid is stuck on the eye.

Did you set sweeter home as default too? After sweeter booted up I turned off my phone and removed battery, because I read that helped a lot of people with errors. I was attempted to do some preemptive surgery but seems I caused a problem in it's own.

As i found from another site (because im playing with this too) you need to boot into safe mode. don't ask me how and good luck

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score
This should help

- Safe Mode

• With the phone off, slide open the keyboard open
• Press and hold the Power+Menu button (on the keyboard)
• Continue to hold until the "Droid Eye" comes up and you feel the phone vibrate
• Phone should start up and say "Safe Mode" in the bottom left-hand corner

• Explanation - This starts only the core Android processes. This is best used for diagnosing if a 3rd party application is causing your phone to malfunction or if you cannot uninstall if when in regular mode.

• TRY THIS FIRST if you are having any problems with your phone acting up, especially with the built-in Android apps (example - Messaging app is crashing. Boot in Safe Mode. If app doesn't crash when doing what you were doing in regular mode, it's most likely going to be a 3rd party app with access to messaging that is causing a problem.)

• BE AWARE that after coming out of Safe Mode, 3rd party widgets might not display properly on the home screen. Press and hold on the widget and drag it down into the trash can, then readd it to the home screen. This will fix the "problem loading widget" error.

source: How to- Safe Mode Motorola Droid

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so you got back in? i REALLY love this app and want to set it as default but i'm scared! everyone i've seen that had to reboot their phone got stuck on the eyeball

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score
Yes. I am back in after rebooting in safe mode using the directions above, then uninstalling the app.

I too and tempted to continue to try and work with the app despite the rebooting errors. I rebooted immediately after installing and setting my home to sweeter as default. Perhaps the standard android home is best set to default for reboots, and manually turning on sweeter once it's on is best.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
ok thanks. this is really annoying that there's no information on their website. i really want to use this home replacement (i'm in love) i just wish they had a manual or some kind of help (the forum sucks) considering how complicated it is.

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
yes mine is running fine. i saved a theme on there called mysweeterhometest. i really luv that you can have like 9 apps on one "tray" with NO WORDS under the app lol

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score
Cool. I am loading up the theme "minimalist" which had an app I didn't have: Beautiful Widgets, which is only 99 cents and something I've had my eye on anyway.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
are you saying the themes include the app itself? :icon_eek:

Itsrayraytime

Reaction score
are you saying the themes include the app itself? :icon_eek:

No, the theme that someone made uses the app in it. So let's say you made your own theme you can choose what apps go where on it.

I will end up making my own theme because I want to set everything up the way I like it. For now I am just browsing other people's themes to see what is possible.

ipawd1

Reaction score
gave up on sweeter home. Love the customization, but the strain on my eyes wasnt worth it

punyweakling

Reaction score
Hi everyone

This issue only seems to appear with a small number of Droids, but since the Dev has been running the app on a Droid for months with no problems it's VERY difficult to trouble shoot this without some help from users.

If you get stuck on the EVIL EYE - please try removing the SD card, and then restarting. I've read ONCE someone tried this and it worked - would be interesting to see if this can be replicated.

OTHERWISE we really desperately need a logcat on a failed boot.

To do this you'll need to have the Android SDK installed. Plug your phone into your computer by USB and run DDMS (Android SDK/Tools). Leave the phone in the boot hang for about 5 mins. Then save the entire log. -- if you're familiar with logcat through ADB then this is perfect also.

Thanks team - the dev really wants to get to the bottom of this, but at the moment all he has to go on is reports, and no real data to isolate the problem.

Last edited: