Stuck on "Red Eye" Screen

bachrock

Reaction score
My phone crashed as it has done many times. I pushed the power button expected the screen to come on, but nothing happened. I removed the battery, put it back in, and powered on the phone. It got stuck on the "red eye" screen.

I took out the battery and started the phone with the charger plugged in. It loaded the battery screen. I put the battery back in and it said 20% and continued charging.

I tried doing a factory reset by holding 'x' and the power button. This took me to the droid screen with the ! in a triangle. I held down the volume up and camera button, but nothing happened.

I'd prefer not to do a factory reset. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
It might be possible for you to just SBF, which will restore the system files to default but won't wipe all of your apps and such.

As to your other issue, when you get to the triangle screen with Andy, you need to press both volume buttons to get into stock recovery.

OP
B

bachrock

Reaction score
It might be possible for you to just SBF, which will restore the system files to default but won't wipe all of your apps and such.

As to your other issue, when you get to the triangle screen with Andy, you need to press both volume buttons to get into stock recovery.
How do I SBF?

I pressed both volume buttons and now have the following options:
-reboot system now
-apply update from sdcard
-wipe data/factory reset
-wipe cache partition