Stuck on Motorola Logo--Hard reset possible?

droid507

Reaction score
Hey guys, please help me out as I think my droid is toast.

I have the original droid running 2.2. I am NOT rooted. Everything is factory. Today all of a sudden my phone stopped booting up and now gets stuck on "M" logo. I have already notified Verizon and I am getting a factory replacement. However, I would like to do a factory reset before I send it back to them. Is this possible?

I am just nervous that someone can access my emails, facebook and other accounts so I would feel a lot better if I can wipe my data. I tried holding down the "X" key and power key, however the triangle shaped thing doesn't appear. Please help.

THanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
try booting up while holding x. you should get stock recovery screen where you can do a wipe..

edit: sorry, didnt see the last line. what about holding up on the D-pad while booting up?

OP
D

droid507

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply Abe;

I tried the to reboot with, holding the up key on the D pad and then pressing the power button. A black screen comes up and it states

"Bootloader
2C.7C

Battery OK
OK to Program
Connect USB
Data Cable"

There are no options to wipe data. Please tell me how to proceed with step by step instructions as I am bit naive in this. Thanks

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
the droid should be fine if you follow link 1 in my sig to flash back to stock

might even save you the deductible :)

if you have any more questions, just ask

OP
D

droid507

Reaction score
Hey Abe,

Thanks for the help. I have a couple of questions for you, will this void my warranty??? I don't want them to think I was rooted in the first place. I am happy with the replacement I am getting. I only want to delete my data before I ship it back.

Also, since I do need to put in new files, Has my data already been deleted?

Thanks

OP
D

droid507

Reaction score
My droid has come back to life. I don't know what happened, but it started working suddenly. I just completed my factory reset and am good to go.

Thanks for all the help, though.