Stuck on M logo, through recovery mode don't know what to do please help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by jay z, Apr 15, 2011.

1. jay z

jay z New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So i rooted my Droid X with z4 root. That seemed to go alright so then i read into flashing roms ect. Then I went and download some rom, smoking glass. Use rom manager to do it. Thats when things started going wrong. It rebooted into Clockworksmod and i did not know what to do so i cleared catch and load the rom, rebooted and it was stuck on the M logo. So i formatted everything on sd and phone. Now after a day or so of messing with it trying everything possible to get it to turn on, I cant even get clockworkmod and can only boot into recovery. please help!
  2. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +12
    If you can boot into recovery then you're fine there's no real problem

All you need to do is boot into recovery connect your phone to your computer and go into partitions manager or whatever it says and then find mount usb once you mount put your rom on your sdcard if it's not still there then you want to unmount and go back and go into advanced and reboot recovery

Now you want to wipe data and then wipe cache then go into install zip from sdcard and find the rom zip and select it to install once that's done select reboot and done you've installed your rom if that doesn't work the rom is bad just find another one but that's the method and because you can get into recovery there is no problem at all your device is fine
  3. jay z

jay z New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can get into recovery, but once i put the update on the sd card the phone will not use it, it gives error, " cant verify update.zip aborting" can you post a link for the update.zip i should put on my sd.
  4. jay z

jay z New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ..and what is partitions manager?
  5. gflam

gflam Developer Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +12
    I'll post a link to a rom for u later today I'm in lab though at the moment and partitions manager which I think is the wording is an option in clockwork mod recovery it just has a few things inside it such as mount system or mount external storage etc

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
Search tags for this page
mb300 stuck in logo how to get into recovery

motorola xoom stuck on m logo

stuck on moto logo boot mode recovery mode