Stuck on "M" loading screen

thorton02

Reaction score
Sorry to make a new thread on this, I'm sure it's been asked to death. I've tried the answer from similar posts, but can't seem to make any progress.

My phone died last night so I plugged it in this morning. When I came back, it wasn't charging(no white light next to the cord) and the "M" screen would show up for 10 seconds, go black and then reappear.

I can get recovery by pressing 'x' and the power button, but I'm not sure what to do after that. Do I wipe data and do a factory reset? The droid is rooted and I'm running the newest version of Bugless Beast.

Thanks for your help,

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes you can try a factory reset and reboot. If you have no battery though it might not work.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sorry to make a new thread on this, I'm sure it's been asked to death. I've tried the answer from similar posts, but can't seem to make any progress.

My phone died last night so I plugged it in this morning. When I came back, it wasn't charging(no white light next to the cord) and the "M" screen would show up for 10 seconds, go black and then reappear.

I can get recovery by pressing 'x' and the power button, but I'm not sure what to do after that. Do I wipe data and do a factory reset? The droid is rooted and I'm running the newest version of Bugless Beast.

Thanks for your help,

Do the wipe and factory data reset. If that doesn't work do you have a backup made of a prior OS. Try to restore. If that fails then see if you boot into the bootloader (hold power button down, press D pad up) and see if you can get in there. If you can do that you can try to sbf back to a stock Droid.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html

If all of that fails then the phone is bricked. I got stuck there too last week, and I couldn't recover but mine was a D2 and different situation then yours so don't be discouraged and get to work. ;)

OP
thorton02

thorton02

Reaction score
Thanks Everyone. I'm going to try these suggestions in a few minutes and see how that goes. I know I made a back up of a different ROM, probably not BB, but something else(I can't remember).

It was working fine up until this morning, so hopefully it's not bricked. I'll post later on and let you know how I made out.

OP
thorton02

thorton02

Reaction score
I found an old restore point from a few months ago and it seemed to do the trick. It kept restarting a few times by itself, but it seems to be ok now. Thanks for everyone's help. For a second there, I thought I was out of luck. The battery was dead so I couldn't get into the bootloader to try and load the stock OS.

My recommenation to anyone reading this, make backups and don't let your battery die.

Thanks!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also, use RZRecovery to allow you to charge in recovery. :wink:

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk