Stuck on LIBERTY screen after flashing rom

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well I tried flashing and the SAME situation happened to me with the can't open cache recovery data command or something like that. Why does it do this? In the directions on the thread it says to only wipe system data not cache or dalvik. I also saw a vid where the guy mounted system before installing. I'm not sure what to do

Sent from my rooted DROID2

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Liberty is working great now. Happy i finally got it.

Sent from my rooted DROID2

Desicrator

Reaction score
Did you wipe, data, cache, and dalvic?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

snowbdr89

Reaction score
yes i did but now im stuck on the liberty logo and cant get into recovery now

analyzer

Reaction score
yes i did but now im stuck on the liberty logo and cant get into recovery now

I had the same problem. Here's what I did. Droid X from froyo .340. Did a factory data wipe. Then launched boot stapper from power off. Pressed camera and power until clockworkMod Recovery appeared. Installed from sd card. rebooted system. And waited while the Liberty animation spun for about 10 min.
Then I did a battery pull. Same results again. Then I did a battery pull again. With battery removed I plugged in charger and waited for battery icon with ? . I unplugged charger replaced battery and was able to return to boot loader. I did a wipe data/factory reset at this point. Rebooted and all is well. Sorry this is so long but I'm a noob and wanted to share my experience in hopes that it will help someone else.:yeahbaby01:

TapeWorm

Reaction score
I am confused on what you did to get into bootloader. I can only do 2 things. Turn my phone on and watch the Liberty rom eagle spin forever or hold down both up/down buttons and get into bootstrap. I have loaded about 5 different SBF files and they all complete fine. However, I just get the eagle. Which tells me that it didnt completely get rid of everything when I loaded the rom.
I have loaded:
VRZ_MB810_2.3.32_1FF_01
VRZ_MB810_2.3.34_1FF_01
VRZ_MB810_2.3.15_1FF_01 - I get a boot error with this ROM
and have even done the flash with the 1kdstaz0.8 disk.

I tried plugging my phone in without the battery and I got the battery with the ? but now I am back to the same 2 options. Bootstrap/Eagle
help!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Go into stock recovery by holding power and the x key on d2 and power and home on dx. Once you see the triangle with the!, hit the search key on the keyboard and wipe data /cache. Reboot, should take care of the bootloop

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

TapeWorm

Reaction score
Found it on another thread. Pull battery and put it back in. Hold down home and power until you get the !. Then hit the search button. This brings you into the bootloader. I was able to wipe data and cache. After reboot, it came up with the Motorola EYE instead of Liberty and booted into the OS fine.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
That's what i wrote above. Only thing is that you don't need to pull battery. And it's stock recovery you booted into not bootloader

From my Liberated DROID2 at 1.25ghz

ritchey

Reaction score
I have a Droid X and tried to load Liberty. Currently my phone sits on the Liberty boot screen. I have tried four different methods to boot into clockwork however none of them work. I can boot into factory recovery but none of those help or lead to the system loading correctly. I have tried to connect to my PC in order to sbf but the computer does not recognize the phone. I can get to the bootloader usb screen and it will switch from connect usb to transfer mode usb but it will never show up on the computer.

Any help would be appreciated but I believe I may have bricked it :-/

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Re dl the drivers. Also, try another ver of rsd lite. I'll send you the latest

ritchey

Reaction score
Downloaded new drivers and a new copy of rsd lite. After multiple versions I have found that RSD lite 4.9 worked but none of the other including the file you posted.

SW update in progress hopefully it all works out. Appreciate the quick response to my original post.

Last edited:

buthomps87

Reaction score
So I had to use sbf and once I got back to the reboot screen the liberty logo was still there and all it was doing was flashing. How do I fix this?