Stuck on LIBERTY screen after flashing rom

OP
dillont

dillont

Reaction score
Im on a PC. I can wipe the cache and clear the data and reboot, those are the only options that work, but it doen't help, still just stuck on Liberty when i do all of those things. I can get into bootloader. I tried the different methods, but can't get into clockwork. Everytime i boot up i just get the Liberty screen and it just stays there.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Then you will have to sbf. You have rsdlite, the sbf, and the current motor drivers on your comp?

Sent from my Droid X running Apex 1.4.1

OP
dillont

dillont

Reaction score
yup. I just can't get my pc to recognize my phone so i cant load the spf on rsd lite

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Stumbled across this thread and I am wondering if you can sbf from a mac. I have never had to sbf but figure it is a good thing to know about if I am going to be screwing with my phone all the time. Also, do you need the sbf files on your computer or on the device itself. Thanks.

CD95YJ

Reaction score
From what I understand you can but you have to use ubuntu to do it.
Or
If you have windows dual loaded on your mac...
Sent from my Droid X running Apex 1.4.1

danCBR1Krr

Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance, but what is ubuntu? Even though I don't own a pc, I am fairly sure I could get access to a friends pc if needed. In the event of needing to sbf, would it just be easier to borrow a friends pc?

jsw6380a

Reaction score
If you aren't used to working with linux then yes use a friends computer.

jsw6380a

Reaction score
**Update on the OP's Problem** He successfully SBF'ed back to stock. We tried EVERY method possible to get him into ClockworkMod and nothing worked.

He is back to stock and happy. :icon_ banana:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Just as a WARNING to any others who might "stumble" across this thread at a later date when researching on ROM`ing their phones....

MAKE SURE YOU FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS INCLUDED BY THE DEVELOPER OF THE ROM YOU ARE TRYING TO USE!!!

Sorry, but this cant be said loud and often enough....:)

vxx76

Reaction score
When you boot into recovery, if you wipe cache and do a factory reset again you should boot up into liberty without problems. Many many things can be solved without an sbf :)

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I did this and its still stuck at the Liberty Boot Screen... what should I do?

alltroyscott

Reaction score
same here, flashed liberty 2.0.1 (coming from 1.5) and now all I get is the liberty logo. I can get into recovery but i'm not too sure where to go from there. I've wiped cache/factory reset, still nothin'.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
And I was just going to flash it! God it sounds like a disaster. I really want to try it though

Sent from my rooted DROID2