Stuck on HTC white screen? Help ASAP

Big Fate

Reaction score
Hey guys.... My thunderbolt is rooted and I was just getting ready to flash the Bamf Rom when I followed these directions from Vettz first:

This sounds like a bad install. Go back into Recovery manually wipe the system, go to mounts and storage scroll to the bottom where it says system, select it, scroll to yes wipe system, then go back to the main screen, and choose wipe data/factory reset, scroll to yes let it do its thing, after that go to advanced and choose wipe Dalvik Cache, choose yes and let it do its thing, when it's done go back to the main screen again and go through the process of installing the ROM again.

I know the ROM does it's own wipe, but its better if you do it manually that way you know everything is being wiped for sure, thats where just about 99% of bugs come from, from not wiping correctly.

I had an issue with installing apps when I first installed this ROM, every time I tried to install an app from the market the phone would just freeze and I'd have to pull the battery. I went through and did what I just told you to do, wiped everything and reinstalled, now its all working beautifully.

You should be able to restore your contact from your Google Account without not problem, no matter what the version of the Accounts are. I restored all my contacts through my Google Account and they all went in fine and when I open my contacts it doesn't force close.

But as D stated, if you're using an application to restore your email account settings back onto the phone it will cause issues. When it comes to adding accounts such as email stuff (not the google account you sign into when you first set up the phone after the install) you need to add them back in manually not use a backup app to do it for you.

Give that a shot and report back on if it helped or not :)

Then when I tried rebooting I keep getting stuck at the white HTC screen? I tried doing a battery pull... nothing

I also did a sd card pull and battery pull.... nothing

I have backed up my nandroid and also copied all files to my computer, but obviously cant even get to recovery. What has happend? and how can I work around this?

Last edited:
OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Ok think I got this thing figured out.

Did a battery pull then held down vol while long pressing the power button then I got to CW. Booted to recovery and did a restore on my backup rom now its starting up fine.

But for future reference... any ideas on what caused this to happen?

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You did a data wipe which cleared off the os. This is normally done in recovery before you flash the next rom. You wiped the os and didn't replace it with a rom. Let me know if that doesn't make sense and I'll explain it a little better for you. Glad you are up and running though.

This post is Incredible 2!

Last edited:
OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Actually it makes perfect sense... Had a feeling that I wiped the OS. Thanks for clearing that up. (Rookie Mistake :icon_eek:)

So as long as you make a backup with nandroid its nearly impossible to brick your phone with the Thunderbolt correct?

OP
Big Fate

Big Fate

Reaction score
Thanks bro... Always backing up before I do anything... its the only way to go!