Stuck on droid loop after sbf

nakhleh926

Reaction score
have you sbfed before maddog, and if you did was it that same file? and if it was did you receive an ota update? because by sbfing to an older version you may have bricked it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jcl197

Reaction score
You can sbf from the latest d2g ota update safely as far as i know, if u got the unknown chipset msg u definitely need the latest drivers

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

nakhleh926

Reaction score
You can sbf from the latest d2g ota update safely as far as i know, if u got the unknown chipset msg u definitely need the latest drivers

oh otay, sorry :p I didn't know, I'm glad there's a d2 user here to help nao though, I wasn't doing a good job since I'm used to the x.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
not working i went and searched google downloaded drivers tryed agian and nothing

have you sbfed before using the same file? it may be corrupt you could try redownloading it, if its anything else I'm sorry I'm really not sure :/.

nakhleh926

Reaction score

jcl197

Reaction score
Give me like 15 mins and ill upload or link to the file, on my way back home

buryboi

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
droidtwoglobalgetrdonedevteam.webs.com
Ok, I think I understand all that...

You were in clockwork, you wiped system and rebooted before you reflashed a new rom.

You now have a phone that will only boot to the m logo, that's because you wiped anything bootable (that is besides the stock recovery and bootloader).

Your only option is SBF, which can be fickle.

You need the sbf file (which you already mentioned)
You need RSD lite 4.9 (for some reason D2G will not play nice with previous versions)

You also need the most recent moto drivers (from their website)

Install RSD Lite 4.9 and all the drivers, reboot your pc when done (even if it doesn't tell you too)

Boot your phone into bootloader mode (not recovery mode) by holding the up arrow on the physical keyboard while turning it on.

Plug your phone into pc

Fire up RSD lite 4.9, your phone should show up in the list.

Now using the RSD menu browse to, and load, your sbf file.

It should show your phones specs in the left column and sbf specs on the right.

Now click start, and begin waiting.

If you are running windows 7, it will get almost done, and say switching phone to *something* mode (I dont remember the name of the mode) it will then search for, and hopefully install some more drivers. This is where problems tend to start. For me, it never finds the phone again on windows 7, however on XP it automatically loads the new drivers and continues with the flash.

Good luck.

maddog2014

Reaction score
gotz it maby a sign of luck?

i tryed rsd on desktop and is in process right now!!!!
i think it had something to do with windows 7 uac so xp dosnt have that so maby thats why

maddog2014

Reaction score
Yes!!!!!

Omg yesyes yes thank you everyone who stayed with me through this omg yes it is on now!!!! Thanks again for going through this process with me i have it working again!!!!!