Stuck on droid loop after sbf

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
so i decided to finally get around to downloading the sbf file to get back to stock and after a few speed bumps i got the phone to complete through each stage. so i get to the reboot part and now it keeps looping on the droid logo... i had it on pc mode with debugging enabled but it is not workin still....

is this a soft brick still or what? thank you...

FC127

Reaction score
Pull the battery, put it back in, hold x and power until stock recovery comes up. Wipe data/factory reset should get you past the bootloop.

Good luck.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jcl197

Reaction score
Yup the pulling battery and factory reset will work!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

OP
T

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
nope.... unfortunately that just sent me to a screen with my little android buddy and an exclamation mark.... your saying hold power and "x" on my slide out keyboard correct? i tried sbf'ing after charging my battery all night and it still wouldnt get past the damn droid logo.... gets past the M logo though... anyone heard of this before?

nakhleh926

Reaction score
nope.... unfortunately that just sent me to a screen with my little android buddy and an exclamation mark.... your saying hold power and "x" on my slide out keyboard correct? i tried sbf'ing after charging my battery all night and it still wouldnt get past the damn droid logo.... gets past the M logo though... anyone heard of this before?

that's the right place, press the search button, unsure of what it is for something other than a DX. when the android comes up I mean.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
all right, i got it working.. i just had to boot into recovery mode. press the search (magnifying glass) on my slide out keyboard and then wipe cache and factory reset.

thank you for the first step to the process guys... i woulda been lookin for an "x" everywhere on the outside of my phone rather than on the keyboard haha.

jcl197

Reaction score
I remember when i sbf'd mine and it got stuck on the loop i thot my phone was bricked, then i searched google and found the info about the wiping/reset. Glad to hear ur up and running again.

nakhleh926

Reaction score
all right, i got it working.. i just had to boot into recovery mode. press the search (magnifying glass) on my slide out keyboard and then wipe cache and factory reset.

thank you for the first step to the process guys... i woulda been lookin for an "x" everywhere on the outside of my phone rather than on the keyboard haha.

glad you got it working!

OP
T

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
haha, i dunno if i should put the rom back on though? i only did it to get it running how it was when i got it so i could slowly add the apps that are truly necessary on there.... any thoughts?

jcl197

Reaction score
I personally prefer fission over the stock motoblur rom, i find that stock just lags and is slower. Its up to ur preference, id make a nandroid backup of ur stock rom tho so u can go back to it without having to sbf in the future

OP
T

TWOTx1503

Reaction score
you tried SBF then factory reset or just factory reset through CW? if its just through CW id still do the wipe data and cache.... your supposed to when putting a ROM on... dunno why i didnt do it when i was SBFing... wipe battery and dalvik or whatever its called then try again i guess...

with all the users here on the forums youll get the help you need. guaranteed. good luck though!

-2T

maddog2014

Reaction score
srry was busy

i was flashing stock sbf and the bootloader cwm was working but for some reson i wiped everything than forgot to flash the stock rom and now cant get back into cwm recovery i used stock bootloader to factory reset but no luck

nakhleh926

Reaction score
i was flashing stock sbf and the bootloader cwm was working but for some reson i wiped everything than forgot to flash the stock rom and now cant get back into cwm recovery i used stock bootloader to factory reset but no luck

if your phone turns on you probably need to re root, if that is a fail response I apologize, I'm having a hard time understanding.