Stuck on bootloader

OP
A

Armerad

Reaction score
Sorry, but I didn't really understand the down on dpad while doing pushing the battery thing

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay. Unplug your phone from the computer. Put the battery back in. With the keyboard extended press and hold the d-pad as Wozzy instructed. Now power the phone back on while holding the d-pad and keep holding that d-pad. See if you can get into the bootloader.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Plug your phone into your PC with the battery out, press up on the d pad, and put the battery back in. If it shows the M screen, rinse and repeat. If it stays black then says bootloader, RSD should detect it to flash the sbf.

Sorry, but I didn't really understand the down on dpad while doing pushing the battery thing

DroidForums junkie!

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Or this way.. :)

Okay. Unplug your phone from the computer. Put the battery back in. With the keyboard extended press and hold the d-pad as Wozzy instructed. Now power the phone back on while holding the d-pad and keep holding that d-pad. See if you can get into the bootloader.

DroidForums junkie!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While the phone is fully off, press and hold the down button on the dpad, then press and hold the power button while still holding the down button. Its either down or up but one of them should get you in to the bootloader.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Down is for stock recovery; up is for bootloader if I'm not mistaken.

While the phone is fully off, press and hold the down button on the dpad, then press and hold the power button while still holding the down button. Its either down or up but one of them should get you in to the bootloader.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

DroidForums junkie!

OP
A

Armerad

Reaction score
That's what I was rolling with, since some of you seem to be D1 users. And yes, I just sat there with the down button held down for quite some time and got no new results. Will retry with the up key.

OP
A

Armerad

Reaction score
Yea, up and power key got me to a black screen with

"Bootloader
D2.35

Battery OK
OK to program
Connect USB
Data Cable"
currently my phone isn't connect to a computer.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes sir!! D1 for life (or til I like a dual-core LTE phone to make the switch)!
I was going by my memory of when I rooted mine..nearly 6 months ago! ;)

That's what I was rolling with, since some of you seem to be D1 users. And yes, I just sat there with the down button held down for quite some time and got no new results. Will retry with the up key.

DroidForums junkie!