Stuck on boot loop after OTA update? what to do now?

pr3d

Reaction score
Just had an OTA update and my maxx won't stop rebooting. it boots up and after about 15 seconds after the home screen loads, it power cycles. This has been happening for hours. How do I get pas this? reset it?

I can get into the boot options by holding the power button+lower volume key. But even after scrolling to the option i want- factory for example, and pressing the up button to select it, the phone just continues normal boot procedue.

how do I get this into safe mode? if there is one?

how do I reset this thing or just get it out of the boot loop?

edit: This was a rooted maxx

OP
P

pr3d

Reaction score
yes I was rooted. I should've never agreed to that update.

I'm looking up houseofmoto thanks

MattCHowell

Reaction score
Yeah man, it'll set u straight, has a step by step walkthrough, I used it to get rid of root before updating to 12.15.15...it kept my entitlement check too. I'm now on 12.15.15 stock with unlimited hotspot

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
P

pr3d

Reaction score
used houseofmoto and flashed on the OEM so i'm back to normal however my version says 4.2.2. Is that the most current version?

OP
P

pr3d

Reaction score
great..but PwnMyMoto won't root my phone anymore :( or is root not possible for this update yet?

MattCHowell

Reaction score
They blocked that exploit, but maxx owners reported success with rockmymoto...read up for yourself before you decide to go through with it

OP
P

pr3d

Reaction score
They blocked that exploit, but maxx owners reported success with rockmymoto...read up for yourself before you decide to go through with it

is there any way i could rip a whole image off of a different, non-updated maxx and load it on mine in efforts to downgrade my phone or is that all not worth it?

doogald

Reaction score
is there any way i could rip a whole image off of a different, non-updated maxx and load it on mine in efforts to downgrade my phone or is that all not worth it?

If you have a developer edition you should/may be able to do this, but a locked bootloader will likely prevent you from downgrading to older software.

OP
P

pr3d

Reaction score
If you have a developer edition you should/may be able to do this, but a locked bootloader will likely prevent you from downgrading to older software.

eh..I'll sit tight till there's an easier root out. i need to get rid of google hangouts and go back to talk. that's the only reason i needed root

cjj2d

Reaction score
I got stuck in a boot loop again as well.

I tried a factory reset through the settings, then updated to the recent OTA and got a boot loop.

I have now gone through the process of flashing using the HouseOfMoto method.

It is saying the OTA is ready to install again, any reason why this keeps boot looping the phone? anyone else with this problem?

cjj2d

Reaction score
voice commands quit working too. says illegal installation and when I try to "train" my voice it starts for a second then stops.

OP
P

pr3d

Reaction score
so is your phone stuck in a boot loop AFTER you flashed it stock using the houseofmoto method?